Radius Arm Bushings

geno8769

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did a search and it said to knock the rivets off and then replace the radius arm bushing.

In one of the old posts it stated that some kit had the bolts to re-attached the bracket.

Can anyone point to that kit? Or do I need to just go buy me some grade 8 bolts.

Pretty amazing that the truck went 249,000 miles and never had these bushings replaced.

Thanks for your help.

fields_mj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used grade 8 bolts on my half ton. You must have better roads that we do. Mine wore out after about 150,000 on the first truck (86), then at 100,000 and 190,000 on the second truck ('94). The last time the wore out it got so bad that I actually poked the radius arm back through the mounting bracket on the driver side (rusted out). If you don't want to grind the rivets off, you can pull the axle forward. Or at least you can on a '94 f150. Replacing the rivets was easier for me.

Wanderer-rrorc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
huh??

I always just unbolt it...hook a strap to a tree..back up till it pulls the arm out of the socket (mount)..

put new ones in...get a floor jack and out it on the end of the arm..get it lined up..pull forward...slides right it!!

oh...do it ONE at a time!!...

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
huh??

I always just unbolt it...hook a strap to a tree..back up till it pulls the arm out of the socket (mount)..

put new ones in...get a floor jack and out it on the end of the arm..get it lined up..pull forward...slides right it!!

oh...do it ONE at a time!!...

i did one like this and it was easier then grinding rivets but a little dangerous. be sure to check out the radius arm bracket hole for out of round.