Radiator

Ottoparts

Whoa, that was fun!
Reaction score
Looks as if mine took a poop today. Where's the best place to get a replacement?
I'm getting crazy prices all over the place here.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1-800-RADIATOR. Check em out. OEM radiators. Measure the width, they have to know. $280

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
i know this is an older thread but im looking for a new radiator now as well. i called 1800 radiator and they quoted me 249 for a plastic/alum radiator in my dimensions and 385 for an all metal one. Would the plastic/ alum one be bad? Also the SPECTRA PREMIUM Part # CU1165 from rock auto for 275 is that an all metal one?? I just dont want to get something that is going to die on me.. The radiator i have in it now is original.

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm curious about this one too. I'm getting tired of people telling me my truck is leaking something..............or on fire (thank's RDT)

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
Im looking at plastic/aluminum one also for my 90 IDI. $380

Im quite skeptical about it but then again, my old 1980 Mercedes diesel has one and nobody has EVER had to touch it.!!!!

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
The plastic/ aluminum combo radiators are playing with fire. Some folks get lucky, but in most cases after a number of years, the plastic gets brittle ( like all plastic does ) and it ends up cracking, usually when you are somwhere you would REALLY rather not be. There is generally a max service life of 8-10 years on those things no matter how you treat them due to the plastic tanks. For a while there were some shops that were setting up to replace end tanks on the things, but it proved to be so expensive that it was generally almost as much as replacing the whole rad, so most have quit doing repairs of any kind on them.

If you want a REALLY nice radiator that is built to last, get a Rodney Red radiator. , all aluminum, all welded, not soldered tanks made out of heavy aluminum plate, not flimsy stamped sheet aluminum that is soldered together like the ebay jobs, not only do they look real pretty and are built great, but they cool like nothing else ;Sweet

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I can't remember the exact price, I just remember it being pretty close to what the dealer wanted for one ( and in a recent post a whole lot less than one dealer quoted a fella )

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
does anyone know if the 275$ one from rockauto is all metal?

Nope it is not.

Also spectra does not make a radiator for our trucks in the tall/narrow that isn't aluminum/plastic. They also don;t last. every spectra radiator i have EVER installed in my shop has come back out in a little over one year. the only spectra radiator that is still all metal is the wide one.

I have a vistapro (old visteon) thats all metal and built like OE. Heavy SOB.

Got mine from Advance commercial for 232 + tax.

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
I have a vistapro (old visteon) thats all metal and built like OE. Heavy SOB.

Got mine from Advance commercial for 232 + tax.

was that a local place or do they have somehwere that i can order one online?

Radiatorexpress.com has one of these. I have one in my 94 and it does great. Just make sure get all the little popcorn styro things out that might have feel down inside

http://radiatorexpress.com/product.a...aia_id=1126505

that looks very nice. I might be ordering that one when i get paid. thanks!

Simp5782

SNOW TACKLER!
Reaction score
I run dual electric taurus fans and even towing without them at night I dont even have to kick them on at all It never gets above the R even in 3rd pulling ******* 6 or 7 degree grades. I do run a coolant filter kit and the CAT ELC as well which has been proven to do well so far.

Marshall1

Reaction score
I did quite a bit of shopping the best deal I found was at Summit. Vista Pro for about $250 shipped. Its plastic and Aluminum but seems to be pretty high quality.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
my vistapro is all metal

if you call your local advance auto parts, see if they will price match someone. The ones by me will match anyone's price. They beat everyone including Cold Air and 1-800-Radiator. If you use 1-800 radiator ill send you a discount coupon they gave me to try and get me to spend money with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bradz

Members online