Radiator Issues

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
It will help you flush out the radiator. If you leave it in, then you're flushing the engine and (hopefully) the heater core. Is one way "proper" while the other one isn't? I don't know on that one. If you're trying to remove all of the old coolant, then I don't see why you'd have to remove the thermostat since you can fill the cooling system and drain it a few times and get the old coolant out. If you're trying to remove some type of build up, then I do think that it would be best to remove it.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I'll take some alcohol to the prongs
I'm not sure that you'd have to go that far. Just scrape the sides with a flat blade screwdriver or even some steel wool. When the engine's cold, is there power on both wires of the switch? If so, then the switch is fine. You can test the solenoid by running a jumper wire from a positive source over to the spade on it. The solenoid should kick the plunger out every time that you put power to it.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So bumping this.
Any word on the champion longevity and performance?

RSchanz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Longevity I’m not sure. Honestly so far the radiator has been fine but I haven’t tested it under hot conditions yet for extended periods of time. Admittedly I’m also still running the stock gauge so… useless. Sorry I can’t be of more help.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online