Questions and concerns

Therkhan7_3Turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I took my truck on a 4hour trip with my camper and noticed above 2400rpm on rear tank my fuel filter light comes on, front tank doesnt do it all. I have no noticeable leaks anywhere, my system is I'd say 90% air tight ( assuming the top rubbers on my tanks are shot ). Now what would cause this? Bad orings on the fsv feed line? I know the pick up is bad cause a 1/4 tank and my truck shuts off, but could it cause it to not supply fuel at 2400rpm? Maybe a collapsed line ?

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Kizer

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fuel line between rear tank and FSV plugged with garbage ... maybe?
Take the line loose and blow it out.
Could also be garbage in that side of the FSV, so select the rear tank and blow it out from "in front" of the valve.
I hope that's the cure.
Good luck.

Therkhan7_3Turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fuel line between rear tank and FSV plugged with garbage ... maybe?
Take the line loose and blow it out.
Could also be garbage in that side of the FSV, so select the rear tank and blow it out from "in front" of the valve.
I hope that's the cure.
Good luck.
It wouldn't surprise me if there was trash in the lines. The fsv is brand new so I'll try and blow it out. Might just select rear tank and connect rubber fuel line by lift pump and blow it clear the wrong way at like 10-20psi

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First thing I would check is try running without the fuel cap on the rear tank and see if that makes a difference. It's possible the tank isn't venting properly.

I've had multiple times that a broken strainer causes similar issues because a small piece of the old strainer gets sucked into the feed line. GENTLY blowing out the line back towards the tank may help, but the issue could come right back if it gets sucked back up again.

It's possible for one of your quick connects to be just barely leaking and only causing air intrusion at high RPM but I don't think it's very likely.

I assume you're running the factory mechanical lift pump? I had that issue very consistently when I was running an E-pump. Couldn't flow enough at high RPM. That was on both tanks though.

Fuel filter and fuel pump would be high on my list but they should be an issue with both tanks and not just the rear.

Therkhan7_3Turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pump and filter have 500niles and no issues on front tank I'll try running rear tank with no cap it does fill super slow

Therkhan7_3Turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just tried with the camp off and no difference. There doesn't seem to be a powerloss at all. It'll stay at 65 all day no issues up hills with the fuel filter light but I'm afraid of hurting the ip so I don't

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Might just select rear tank and connect rubber fuel line by lift pump and blow it clear the wrong way at like 10-20psi
To add to that, I only keep the pressure going into the line for 2 or 3 seconds, then I let the pressure in the tank go back to normal. Also, remove your fuel cap before doing this. Another thing about keeping the air pressure on for longer than I suggested, you can blow fuel out of the filler neck if you put too much air in too quickly.

Therkhan7_3Turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will do, going to do that this weekend. Truck did the 5hiur ride back at 65 flawlessly. I need to get my pump timed for sure I can tell but the trucks a beast, goes up the Dames Point bridge flawlessly (4% grade. The steepest thing in Florida it feels like). A bit more power and id be extremely pleased, maybe bump boost to 12psi and fuel up a flat after pump timing then it's intercooler for sure.