question on timing?

Greenbeast6.9

grease monkey
Reaction score
Got all 8 new injectors in and went for a drive today, Watched the pyro shoot up to 100* quick (before i hit 60 at normal acceloration). Black smoke rolled out from the exhaust. So i went home and turned the pump timing back to where the lines lined up . Then i went out again and no more Black smoke just some white not alot just some and low and behold the Guage was reading the same 1000* when i hit 60???

What am i doing wrong? Do i need a new injection pump or is my guage lying to me? I tried to pull the probe but it wouldnt come out of the bung? Could it be damaged from installation? :puke:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get the truck timed correctly before going any further. You shouldn't be seeing white smoke. as far as the pyro goes, how old is it? if its been in there for a while, it may be a little carboned up.

Greenbeast6.9

grease monkey
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, yes its been in there for a while it was not installed correctly. It was damaged because it was forced in. I tried again to get it out it wont budge. Looks like i will get a new one.

I went ahead and ordered a new injection pump for it after reading they are a 100,000 mile part, so no biggy ;Sweet

Im going to put the new pump on and see what happens with the guage. Then take my truck in to have it timed,or i might just swing by lisbon for the idi rally to say hi and wait in line. LOL

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i might just swing by lisbon for the idi rally to say hi and wait in line.

That's your best bet. ;Sweet Best get your name on the list so you can get in. See Gruss for details TODAY.

Greenbeast6.9

grease monkey
Reaction score
Agnem said:
That's your best bet. ;Sweet Best get your name on the list so you can get in. See Gruss for details TODAY.

I sent him a pm, Its my birthday that weekend so maybe i can talk the wife into camping one nite. If there is room!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert