Question for people that done solid axle conversion?

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get the track bar on there ASAP and get the F350 springs. I bet those two items will solve most of your problem.;Sweet

Heath

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
Kingpins are funny. The will always seem tight because they are held by spring tension, but once the weight of the truck is on them, and the road & oddly-worn tires are pushing it every which way, weak springs and worn cones have a hard time keeping a tight connection between the axle housing and knuckle.

RSK = reverse shackle kit. Sky Manufacturing makes one.

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well track bar drop bracket is on the way, I just got to make me a track bar since the guy I bought the axle off of cut the one on it. I just bought some qa-1 rod ends with 3/4 thread for the track bar. The only question I got with the leaf springs for a F350 is since I got a lift already what springs should I get. My truck now sits just a bit highter in the front now with the dana 60 under it? I do not want the front end any higher.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Sounds like a caster issue to me...Try driving a truck with a solid front axle really fast backwards...You can hardly keep it straight.....I did a 2wd to 4wd conversion (among other conversions:D ) with kingpin D60 and I've had good luck so far. No shakes or death wobbles and my truck hasn't been lined up on a machine. I set my toe out about 1/8 and that's it. I have the stock trac-bar and a steering stabilizer....Drives like a dream at 80mph.:dunno ;Sweet It dog tracks a tiny bit (according to my cousin who followed me home one day) but it's hard to be perfect with a 3/8 drill while sitting on your butt on the garage floor.:rotflmao

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Wanderer-rrorc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where in NERK are ya?? I work at OSU/COTC and could take a look at it for ya sometime after work...

but it sounds like you need to check the caster...as said the springs are diffrent and cause diffrent angle of the axle...

also...FYI...1/8th in TOE OUT is what I standardly use...works just fine...

what you have is affectionatly called "DEATH WOBBLE"...:D

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just outside of newark off of state route 146. I'm right outside of toboso by old hanover. I'm going to set my toe out a little bit and see if that helps any. I should be getting my track bar bracket anyday hopefully. You also wouldn't happen to have a timing device for this rig too would you??? Thanks again for all replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7