Pyrometer help

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
it looks like it's threaded, if so drill and tap an 1/8 npt into the exhaust manifold and spin it in. if not, i have the band clamp that came with my pyro you can have;Sweet
chris

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Autometer uses 2 methods to secure the probe, one uses a NPT sleeve that slides over the probe from the wire end and buts up against a colar on the probe. Then it screws into a 1/8 NPT hole.
The other way is with a clamp. Basically its a hose clamp with a hole big enough to slip over the wires but not the colar on the probe. It requires the use of a special washer to seal the hole.
If thats all you need is a way to attach it I may have one or the other. I'll look over the weekend and let ya know.

diesel4me2

Reaction score
something like this?
its your's if you want it. my pryo is allready installed.
let me know
chris

Attachments

• MVC-299S.JPG
    MVC-299S.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 11
  • MVC-300S.JPG
    MVC-300S.JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 7

diesel4me2

Reaction score
won't cost ya a dime. like i said it's your's if you want it.

as far as mounting, drill a hole for the pyro in the exhaust manifold, unscrew the band clamp, slide the band clamp on to the probe, slide the set screw/collar assembly on to correct position and tighten set screw,slide the ceramic washer on from the bottom, install into hole, wrap band clamp around and tighten. the band clamp holds the collar to the manifold which inturn holds the probe. i'll send the instructions as well.
just need to know where to send it all to
chris

diesel4me2

Reaction score
just remember the further you put it out, the lower your readings will be.
if your worried about install in the truck, it can be done. i drilled and taped my manifold with the engine in the truck.
chris

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
recieved the install kit from diesel4me2, what a stand up fella. this is what makes forums like these so great. he even sent me the instructions, thanx again!