Boost and pyrometer install help?

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Gang!
I'm finishing up the ATS turbo install on my '90, I'm sure glad to have the majority of the work done! Now I'm about to mount the boost and pyro gauges on a dash top pod. I've got to drill and tap the exhaust manifold for the pyrometer probe and install the line for my AutoMeter mechanical boost gauge. For the boost line, I'm assuming that the pipe plug on the snail is the way to go? I'm wondering where you all breach the firewall for the lines? For the A pillar mounted oil pressure, coolant temp and voltage gauges, I just ran the sender wires through the speedometer grommet. Is this the best location? Or do you prefer to drill a hole higher up on the firewall, or use another existing hole? I really want to keep dash disassembly to a minimum, heavy rains are forcast and I've got to get the truck back in service. Tips, suggestions, comments and general support is appreciated!

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not just run it through holes that are already there? Save yourself the trouble of drilling holes in your firewall...

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just ran the sender wires through the speedometer grommet. Is this the best location.

Why not the same place?