pyro is finally in

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well it works good
heres some numbers
200 idle
400 normal driving
600 highest ive gotton so far (2500 rpm)
but its down about 6 inches from where it should be so how much lower will the egt be?

sootman73

Reaction score
Where should it be? In the manifold right at the collector?

the best place to put it is in the drivers side exhaust manifold right between the ports for the number 6 and 8 cylinders. I was lazy so i put mine in the crossover pipe right below the collector.:angel: i'm not worried about it cuz i push my truck pretty hard but never see temps over 1100 and i can't put anymore fuel into it.:confused:

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
soot man sounds linke you put youres where mine is im about 9 inches below the manifold on drivers side
and my instructions said 3 inch below manifold

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Within 3" of the manifold to Y pipe connection is well within acceptable limits, and is probably the most common installation point for the probe.

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
I installed the probe on the top of the drivers' side manifold...

The first time I hit 1200 going uphill I realized that Ford was crazy for not installing a pyro to begin with on these trucks.

I can easily hit 1100, but the probe location is pretty close to the exhaust port, and I think the pump may be turned up a little.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I installed the probe on the top of the drivers' side manifold...

The first time I hit 1200 going uphill I realized that Ford was crazy for not installing a pyro to begin with on these trucks.

I can easily hit 1100, but the probe location is pretty close to the exhaust port, and I think the pump may be turned up a little.

Justin, that too has been my experience with my N/A IDI. These trucks really need one, especally N/A. My turbo'ed IDI never approaches the EGT's of my N/A, even with my Moosed fuel system.:D

Heath

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so mel the probe being by the manifold is close and you can mount it the whole way down to by the y pipe correct?

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
i was told to mount it right after the y pipe??? i been looking at them on ebay an i need to know for sure where to mount one before i do?

plywood

Recovered N/A
Reaction score
I think the theory behind mounting it after the Y is that you may not know you have a bad injector or something on the pass side if you mount it on the driver's side.

Black Horse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is where the turbo mount is on my old non gated banks system. Should I plug it and move it to manafoild?

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
almost anywhere is fine really just before the turbo is perfect with a turbo system though cause thats a critical point in the system