Pulled a 1987 out of a hole

captain720

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To you folks running a transfer pump between tanks to pump fuel from one tank to another how are you guys plumbing the receiving tank?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I ran 3/8" rubber fuel line between the two tanks. I JB Welded a barbed elbow into the filler neck on the receiving tank. I made a thread including this a couple of summers back. It was called "Bronco tank install" if I remember right. I included pictures and tried to be descriptive. Several people were having questions at the time, so I decided to do a write up. I'm pretty sure that I added that this wasn't the only way to install a Bronco tank, it was just the way that I did it.

captain720

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so a fitting in the neck is likely the way to go, brazing it seems like a better move than JB weld what do y’all think of that?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I did that for the return line for the IDI swap in my Bronco. It worked fine and may be the better way. I wanted to use a method that everyone could do. I also think that it will hold up for along time since it's only used occasionally, for short periods of time. Some people will claim that air bubbles will be pulled into your fuel lines doing this, but I never had air bubble issues with either application.

captain720

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rear bumper I had was horrible so I got a new one, I have no idea what the new one is from but I made it fit. The mounts on the new bumper were a mile off so I made a mount for
You must be registered for see images attach
it.

Felt like my mini truck days were calling me back

The new mount wasn’t rocket science, but the new bumper so very different it took about 3 hours for the whole process, although half the time was cutting off the old garbage.

Here is the mounts.

captain720

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's the right tailgate for your truck, it must be a midyear change of bracket or something goofy. But HEY!, It works.
Oh no it’s totally the wrong rear bumper, I have no idea what truck it came off. It was just laying around it could be ford or Chevy I have no idea.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually realized you were talking about the bumper after I posted that, but since it was posted I just rolled with it.

captain720

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just in case anyone was wondering what 9 degrees F with no block heat is like I made a video.

captain720

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was the engine cooled down to 9 degrees? If so, That is awsome cranking speed for that temp.
Oh yes, it had been sitting so I don’t really have fuel drain back either. And depending on where you looked it was as low as 7 degrees.

Thanks! The cranking speed is simply incredible it was extremely slow when I got it so I put a bunch of work into getting it to where it is, two 850 CCA deka batteries, lots of new cables, a minty starter from a local rebuilder that just blows the doors off all others, and delo 15w40.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
It sure started better than my Blue Truck does at the temperature. The IP seal that leaks only when it gets cold probably has everything to do with that.

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
I have an old John Deere 950 with the 3 cylinder Yanmar engine. I has to goofiest starting aid I have ever seen. I dribbles Diesel into the hot heating element, starts a fire, and sucks it in to start the engine.

This just like mine.

$2000 seems pretty cheap, see them going for a lot more

Goat
A lot of the old foreign direct injection diesel tractors used those intake fuel heaters.
Fiat built machines especially, such as AC, oliver, long, same, and others.
I actually prefer them over GPs, they work very well.
I've only been around 2 950s, ( I distance myself from green paint,lol) and those particular yanmars didn't have any, just glow plugs, but that's typical JD, nothing is the same,lol.
You can't beat those yanmars though, great little engines.

Rock

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online