PSP for a Hydroboost setup

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I think someone posted not long ago they found the hydroboost pedal NEW for sale somewhere. Amazon I think.....

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you can run any hydroboost set up ya want.
the problem is finding one that fits without modifications!

i can sell you a SD HB, but you gotta buy the whole truck :D

im using a 01 buss hydroboost on my 63.
modified, under the floor, custom of course!

marmot

On the bench
Reaction score
http://www.oilburners.net/forums/sh...rove-your-stopping-power-Switch-to-Hydroboost!
From tech articles. Most mods have been documented and made stickys.

Yep, but the pictures are gone, the links are dead and there ain't much information. Snicklas just made this job really a great deal easier. I do need to find the pedal but everthing else can be purchased new. I need a new PSP anyway as the one on the truck leaks like a sieve and groans like an old pirate. The crazy sheepherdess was pouring 30wt into it, I found the jug in the door pocket, and the reservoir is 1/2 full of motor oilcookoo

Idiot I already have a truck, but thanks for the offerLOL I dont want "any" HB system I want one that bolts on my truck without making mods. I am working in a driveway, so fab work is best avoided right now.

TahoeTom

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1093022-my-latest-project-hydroboost-brakes.html
This is the thread I used when I did my hydroboost. The poster is a member here also. After the initial installation, most of the thread deals with the issue of the difference in brake pedals between vacuum and hydroboost. I modified my pedal relocating the pin 3/4" higher. I drilled and tapped for a 9/16" bolt, threaded it in tight, cut off threads on the back, removed and chamfered the hole and bolt, reinstalled and welded the backside chamfer, cut the head off and drilled a hole for the cotter pin. The original pin needs to be cut off. All this is unnecessary if you get a hydroboost pedal from the junkyard. I bought a Motorcraft hydroboost and lines from Rock Auto, and a reman PS pump from Ford with the two ports. I used the filter and cooler as in the linked post