PSOM

Steven Walker

Reaction score
What typically fails in the PSOM??? I've replaced the VSS and saw some punctured areas so I cut them out and replaced with new wire and then sleeved all of it. I pulled the rear cover to look at the tone ring and diddnt see any damage or slop or anything and still. Nothing. The speedo doesn't work. The odometer comes on but doesnt record the increasing mileage. Is it generally a resistor that goes out or something else?

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
I have not tackled mine yet, but I've heard of guys just resoldering the board and having it work.

Maybe some type of cold junction issue??

I really don't know.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What typically fails in the PSOM??? I've replaced the VSS and saw some punctured areas so I cut them out and replaced with new wire and then sleeved all of it. I pulled the rear cover to look at the tone ring and diddnt see any damage or slop or anything and still. Nothing. The speedo doesn't work. The odometer comes on but doesnt record the increasing mileage. Is it generally a resistor that goes out or something else?

You should have other problems also correct? Cruise control doesn't work. ABS light on? Check engine light on? Not shifting correctly (automatic trans).

Steven Walker

Reaction score
You should have other problems also correct? Cruise control doesn't work. ABS light on? Check engine light on? Not shifting correctly (automatic trans).

I don't know about the cruise control because I've never used it. ABS light is on but no check engine light. I have the ZF5 trans.

Fordman1920032003

Reaction score
Psom will through a code. Vss or wiring will cause the abs light and dead speedo. Check codes, clean and dielectric grease the plug and the plugs on the dash. Center is psom plug

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7