Proud new owner of a T444E, any suggestions?

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dont know but there is only one way to find out........... lets PM him!!:D
Go for it, see what he has to say. I would think the internals of the PCM wouldnt be that different than a Powerstroke PCM.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the IDM/PCM is one unit bolted to the passengers side valve cover in the IH trucks.i sent him a PM so we will see what he has to say.i gave him a link to this thread also;Sweet

Captain Morgan

Pipeline Mechanic
Reaction score
I have seen this stunt before of swapping what CAT mechanics call ECM from one arrangement to another. The results are sickening. A 550HP 3406E in a bobtail pete 379 dropped to 7th pulling a hill that it would pull before in 13th loaded to 94K. Boy that owned the truck called me and said he had a new "HOT" ecm put on and now the truck wouldnt blow smoke if ya set it on fire. My simple instructions was to recover the old ECM and Iwould come by and recalibrate and reinstall. I also added to leave **** alone that was over his head, if he wanted to give away money I would take all he would give. Well I have rambled on, just thought I would share that tidbit.

twildman

Reaction score
What is the code on the PCM?

The easiest thing to do is put a tuner on it.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i could be wrong but IIRC the IH trucks dont use an OBD2 port.IH has there own plug style.my buddy has an 02 IH 4700 with a DT466E in it and i cant hook my scanner up to it cuz it doesnt have the OBD plug it has a round plug.

Last edited:

twildman

Reaction score
I meant, something like the mp8 just plug it in under the hood, has a dial for changing performance levels, etc.