propane injection

91ford7.3td1in

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ran propane on their trucks? I found a system that i want to put on my truck but want to know if anyone else has had any problems with propane before.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Darrin ran propane on his IDI, and it seemed to work well. His dyno numbers showed something like a 20-30hp increase, I cant remember but it seemed like it was in that range. And that is a fair amount ;Sweet

Mat J

Way down south
Reaction score
I was just at a diesel shop and the guy was saying a light propane kit on these idis helps out alot if you set it up right. should boost miles and power.

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been thinking about it too. I acquired a MSD 4800 programmable propane kit in a parts swap. It was originally on a 6.0 but I was thinking it could be used on an E4OD equipped idi by pulling a reading off the TPS. It also reads boost. Could probably work well if tuned properly. Still on the fence about it however. EZ had it on his idi but I am not sure on his opinion about it.

WrickM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been planning on adding a propane kit to my NA truck aswell. There is a nice tutorial on a home made kit by a member here at http://www.members.shaw.ca/k2pilot/. I am doing some research as to what parts will give me the most bang for the buck there are a lot of choices when it comes t regulators.