1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Land Yacht (AKA Mine was Lucille first!)

Discussion in 'Gasoline Engines' started by chillman88, Jun 19, 2018.

1. chillman88

chillman88 Supporting Member Supporting Member

Problem is, I don't want nitrous near as much as I want a new cam but...

A new cam means new springs. Which means new seals, which means valve job, which means heads come off. Which means new rings... which means flattop pistons.... Not in the budget lol!

austin92, Thewespaul and F350camper like this.
  2. chillman88

Got a bunch of parts in today! Sadly the new timing cover didn't come with a crank seal so I'll have to get one ordered. I'm pretty sure at this point I'd better just do the rear main seal too, since I'll be pulling the oil pan anyway. I'm happier than a kid on Christmas morning but I still have to get my Father in Law's car done before I can get the motor work started.

3. chillman88

Well now that the weather is getting nice I'm really wanting to get on this. Finally dropped the oil pan and started at the timing set. Completely forgot that I'll need a gear puller....

I don't know if this shows how much the nylon gear is worn. The chain felt pretty loose too. I don't know how much play is normal but I'll feel better knowing it's replaced.

IMG_20190417_182548513.jpg IMG_20190417_182440729.jpg