problems again

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
Ok got finished with my transmission the other day, TOB was horrible, clutch was good, pressure plate had six fins that were at least 3/8's of an inch off the TOB, replaced everything, and now my vacum pump is going out-cuss -cuss I can't catch a break on this thing. What is the secret to getting the pulley off of the pump. I have a two and three jaw puller and can get a bunch of other pullers.

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok got finished with my transmission the other day, TOB was horrible, clutch was good, pressure plate had six fins that were at least 3/8's of an inch off the TOB, replaced everything, and now my vacum pump is going out-cuss -cuss I can't catch a break on this thing. What is the secret to getting the pulley off of the pump. I have a two and three jaw puller and can get a bunch of other pullers.

When I did mine I took it to an auto parts store and had them take the pulley off. I have since obtained a power steering pulley remover which I think will also work on the vacum pump. To re-install you get a bolt that threads in the shaft with a bunch of flat washers and crank it on with a hand socket.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Its just as posted above. What you need is a puller called a power steering pulley puller. It works on the vacuum pump pulleys for both serpentine and V-belt systems. Using a 3 or 4 jaw puller will ruin it so get the proper tool. They are cheap at Harbor Freight and most other places. Snapon will be the most expensive but probably the best quality.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online