problem

6.9man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so heading to church the smorning get out on the highway getup to 65 mph and starts sputtering like the tank is going empty so switch and stops for a bit and then starts again so figured may as well go home so stop and turn around went going home didnt have a problem got in the thunderbird went to church come back change fuel filter take it out for test drive noticed a nice power gain from doing so figured must of been it then it started doing it again but not as bad wouldnt jerk the whole pickup like before i changed the filter so i dont know what the deal is i changed lift pump like not even 500 miles ago i have a little carter eletric pump in the line too so i dont think the problem there but any help be appreciated on whats the problem thanks

bghnkinf350

Reaction score
How much fuel is in there? Also check for obstruction in the lines/selector valve - same thing happened here until I replaced the selector.

6.9man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thx i think its the fuel lift pump now i looked at my oil and its up over the full line a bit its probably dumping fuel into the crankcase. so i picked up a pump from oriellys today and pumping this one by hand feels three times as strong as the one i got from napa thought the napa one was strange it didn't feel like it pumped anything. so im sure this is the problem

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online