Priming question

Shane Campbell

Reaction score
Hey y’all it looks like my truck likes to show that I have a quarter tank when I’m actually empty. I almost ran out of fuel. So I put in about 20 bucks and proceeded to prime it which I may not have needed to do! since then I have developed a small leak . Could I have possibly unnecessarily primed my vehicle? And caused unwanted pressure? sorry if I Cross posted! any help is appreciated

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 1/4 tank issue is that the pickup is broken inside the tank. It's common.

As for leaks, it's probably the return cap under the line and not the line that's leaking. Return lines are something that are about a 10 year item.

Make sure to use wheel bearing grease on the O-rings and inside the caps when installing a return line set, NOT vasoline.

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 1/4 tank issue is that the pickup is broken inside the tank. It's common.

As for leaks, it's probably the return cap under the line and not the line that's leaking. Return lines are something that are about a 10 year item.

Make sure to use wheel bearing grease on the O-rings and inside the caps when installing a return line set, NOT vasoline.
Yep.

I used vaseline the first time.

You'll notice there was a "first" time... ;)

I used green, synthetic bearing grease the second time.

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think you can unnessarly prime. The fuel system if you ran out of fuel then you would have to reprime the system also the return system is pretty low resistance but flows some volume what kind of lift pump are you running and if I have to prime mine I fill the fuel filter with atf Ang give it a small squirt of ether

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online