Preorder Opportunity for CDD Intercooler Kits and 3" Downpipe Kits

frankenwrench

overkill is under rated!
Reaction score
It’s going to require a different intercooler all together, very little room for an intercooler on a bullnose.
And that's a shame, in my opinion the bull noses are the best looking just before obs. And yet I own bricknoses. Lol. Really happy that you are addressing the bullnose intercooler situation though.

bigdummy

Reaction score
Wes, I think you mentioned custom? Do you have anything figured out for the Banks Sidewinder on a '94?

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eventually yes, right now just trying to get an option out there for the most common turbo kits and trucks.

Thanks to everyone who has preordered so far!

Ferd_Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless you want to take a basically brand new rd90 pump + cash for one of those intercooler kits

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be, but someone on the forum or on fb may buy it, preorder deadline is January 10th so you have some time.

rewbrooks50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the R&D 3” down pipe flange, will I need to still need to do welding for the wastegate delete?

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the R&D 3” down pipe flange, will I need to still need to do welding for the wastegate delete?
It wouldn’t hook up to your existing downpipe, you could either rig up an elbow with two v band flanges on either side to use it with the R&D downpipe or buy the flange with the downpipe and see if someone on here will buy your R&D elbow and downpipe

Blackascoal

Reaction score
What kind of HP and torque increases can you expect with everything else stock? What about boost and exhaust temp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Assuming that you adjust the fueling to match the increased airflow with the upgraded intake and added intercooler, I would say adding 50-80hp and a good 100 ft lbs of torque from the stock calibration is completely doable with a healthy fuel system and good tuning.
As for boost and egts, I’ve intercooled several idit trucks and it allows you to use every bit of fuel a maxed stock pump can supply without the egts exceeding 1000* or the boost getting excessive. I had a customer with a studded na motor that I added an intercooler to, with my 110 pump he was getting 26 psi out of a stock 093 kit, adding the intercooler dropped it down to 18 psi and added a significant amount of power. The high boost number without the intercooler was just hot air that was killing performance, with the intercooler it dropped the charge air temp down which is why the boost was lower, denser cooler air makes more power, and a lower boost number is less stress on the head gaskets.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Assuming that you adjust the fueling to match the increased airflow with the upgraded intake and added intercooler, I would say adding 50-80hp and a good 100 ft lbs of torque from the stock calibration is completely doable with a healthy fuel system and good tuning.
:cheers:
The high boost number without the intercooler was just hot air
Yep. That's the way I feel about a turbo without an intercooler. Just a bunch of hot air.:joker: Unless the turbo set up is pretty close to stock.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, there’s some dyno graphs out there on the Powerstroke forums of guys doing before and after dyno results adding intercoolers to obs 7.3s. Keep in mind an obs 7.3 has about 90cc of maximum fuel out of a stock injector, so what an obs 7.3 psd on a race tune with stock injectors is fairly close to what an IDI will do with a 90cc pump.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online