Preorder Opportunity for CDD Intercooler Kits and 3" Downpipe Kits

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Oilburners! Today I am happy to announce that CDD is now taking preorders for the first group buy of intercooler kits and downpipe kits.

The intercooler kits will use 2.5" thick wall polished aluminum piping, tig welded for the least possible boot connections and tested to 140 psi. The clamps are spring reinforced stainless T bolt clamps, and the intercooler is a 31x12x3" air to air intercooler mounted in front of the cooling stack keeping the factory AC in place. The piping requires some trimming on the core support, and is designed to fit 94-88 ford trucks equipped with factory turbo/ATS 093 turbo kits. The stock intake hat is replaced with a CDD intake hat, and the compressor housing needs to be slightly clocked to work with the piping. If you have a CDD upgraded turbo with a T04S or T04Z front cover, the kit will come with the correct boot for the 2.5" outlet instead of the stock outlet size.

The intake box is replaced to make room for the piping, and gets a CDD 4" intake with a CDR vent port, blue 6637 intake filter and filterwerks waterproof prefilter to extend the service life of the main filter. The large filter sits in place of the coolant overflow, which is replaced with a polished aluminum overflow with sight glass, tig welded and pressure tested. If you want to order a CDD turbo kit and make a package deal with the intercooler kit fit for your turbo, I can give you a discounted package deal for the whole assembly ready to bolt on.

I will be starting on fabricating the mother kit on Project Big Blue (a bone stock 94 IDIT) next week, and will be making a jig off of that piping once it has been installed and dialed in, once the jig is made I will be making however as many preorders as are received before January 10th. After the preorder sale, these will be available on the website at a higher retail price since they will be made to order individually, and I will have more costs involved in that, so in the interest of keeping the costs down for the customers and myself, this is a great opportunity.

I will also be having new factory turbo/ATS 093 outlet flanges cut at the same time, this has been a project I have been testing on the shop truck for quite awhile before the engine let go on the dyno. I found that even with the wastegate mechanically locked and preloaded the arm would still slightly bend allowing exhaust to leak past the turbine slowing the response from the turbo and limiting boost through the rev range.

I designed a flange to match the proprietary ford outlet pattern with a step pipe and a 3" v band. This completely blocks off the wastegate passage and streamlines the exhaust flow through the turbine. I saw improved response from the turbo, less drive pressure and a couple psi more boost. I built a 3" up pipe for a hood stack which eventually became the up pipe for the compound turbo setup, which also worked flawlessly with no boost leaks and made a ton more room around the turbo, making turbo removal a 20 minute job, and fabricating a downpipe or up pipe very easy.

If you dont have a welder and want to have a bolt on downpipe to connect up with the rest of the exhaust next to the transmission, I will also be making some all new stainless 3" downpipes to work with the new outlet flange and will be selling that along with the v banded outlet.

The short version (preorders must be in by January 10th 2020)

CDD Intercooler Kits for 88-94 F-series with IDIT or 093- $850 shipped to continental USA

CDD Wastegate Delete Flange with 3" V band- $200 Shipped

CDD 3" Downpipe w/ V band flange- $500 Shipped

Preorders can now be placed on the store via the link below, custom package orders I can work out with a separate invoice. Let me know any questions yall may have, I will keep this thread posted with updates as we progress along. Thanks everyone for supporting Classic Diesel Designs!

https://classicdieseldesigns.com/collections/new-product-preorders

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It may just because of my climate, but almost every 87 I have seen has had the short wide rad so I chose to leave it out. If y’all have an 87 with a regular core support then it will work for you, the bricknose trucks require some grille shaving, the bullnose trucks are going to get a separate piping kit I’ll release later on. If someone wanted to, I’m sure with some modifications this kit could be made to fit a bullnose or even a dent side.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
That's funny. I thought that the short, wide radiator (AKA the radiator from Hell since it's so much more difficult to pull out) was for non-A/C trucks. I would think that most of the trucks in your area would have been bought with A/C. Looking forward to the Bull Nose ones!

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's funny. I thought that the short, wide radiator (AKA the radiator from Hell since it's so much more difficult to pull out) was for non-A/C trucks. I would think that most of the trucks in your area would have been bought with A/C. Looking forward to the Bull Nose ones!
This^^^^^^

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I say my climate because back in the 80s this area of central Texas was a lot less populated and the trucks I see from that era are often bare bones farm trucks sold with just heat for the winter. @pelky350 has the non ac rad in his 88, and had quite a tough time intercooling it, all my bullnose trucks have it, as well as my 87 f-super. Just want to avoid someone buying the kit and having that painful realization, maybe I should change it to “fits all non radiator from hell equipped trucks”?

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol. My 91 non-ac came with that radiator it's cheaper to switch it over to a core support and the tall radiator than it is to buy a wide one

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol. My 91 non-ac came with that radiator it's cheaper to switch it over to a core support and the tall radiator than it is to buy a wide one
Did you have to change the ac system much when you swapped it?

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It gets moved, instead of mounting off the bracket beside the overflow tank, it mounts right off of the inner fender.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
maybe I should change it to “fits all non radiator from hell equipped trucks”?
Good idea. I think that the bricks and OBS are close enough to work, but what about the bulls? Was there a big change between the 86 and 87 model years under the sheet metal? I've seen it said that you have to get creative with the Bull Nose trucks to run an air to air intercooler. I haven't had that pleasure....yet.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online