powerstroke conversion

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Do I see ladder bars in the side view pic.......

makes one wonder if the current owner didn't get a little power hungry and mebee just galled one cyl ..........

;Sweet deal....if I just hadn't spent $4k on the Polaris , White Woman would have a new ride :D

As far as a conversion... 12 valve KUMINZ :thumbsup:

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
...on a side note:D ......:angel:

Richard, is your new avatar the new pic of Jerry Fallwell in hell being served by the Telletubbies :eek:

....sum of you older guys may remeber LOL

84TD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well listen to this. Last night I caught an episode of Pimp My Ride where they converted a '65 Chevy Impala Super Sport junker into a Cummins/Allison turbo charged 800+hp/1200+ lbs of torque biodiesel super car. :hail

Man that thing is sick!!!!!!! I just watched all 3 parts. An impala seems just big enough. I wonder if any susp mods are required. They didnt say anything about it. 0-60 in 3.5!!! :hail One thing they didnt say was what was the Qt mile time it ran?

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well listen to this. Last night I caught an episode of Pimp My Ride where they converted a '65 Chevy Impala Super Sport junker into a Cummins/Allison turbo charged 800+hp/1200+ lbs of torque biodiesel super car. :hail

Check out this link! ;Sweet
http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=1557903&vid=145456

I occasionally watch the show but this is by far the best episode. Lucky dude!

That was AWSUM.....Thanks for sharing. Best part of the show was smoking the Lambo:rotflmao

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
Richard, is your new avatar the new pic of Jerry Fallwell in hell being served by the Telletubbies :eek:

Here's the un-cropped full size version.

Attachments

• diesel boy.jpg
    diesel boy.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Man that thing is sick!!!!!!! I just watched all 3 parts. An impala seems just big enough. I wonder if any susp mods are required. They didnt say anything about it. 0-60 in 3.5!!! :hail One thing they didnt say was what was the Qt mile time it ran?

A DMax weighs roughly the same as a BBC. Mine was originally a 396/powerglide.cookoo So front-end weight is negligable, although the crossmember may need to be modified. Another reason I want a whole donor truck is for the rearend. The rear on the Impalas is a dual trailing arm, coil spring set up, but Hotchkis Performance makes everything needed. The biggest problem for me (other than electronics) will be enlargening the tranny tunnel...I really like the SS center console.

Tom

sassyrel

Reaction score
Who has an independent controller for the allison 6 speed?

Does Navistar use seperate engine/tanny computers? I don't think my GMC does.

i believe that the allison 6 speeds in binder school buses had stand alone computers for the trans--no quote--just from reading---

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
That was a new crate Duramax LBZ/Allison combo. Liked the powertrain and interior, the rest of the car :puke: . Been planning that for my '66 Impala SS for a couple of years now. Probably around the end of the summer, I'll begin the search for a wrecked truck with an LB7 DMax. Then the frame-off fun begins.;Sweet

Tom

That's what I want to do to my Ford!!! ;Sweet

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
A DMax weighs roughly the same as a BBC. Mine was originally a 396/powerglide.cookoo So front-end weight is negligable, although the crossmember may need to be modified. Another reason I want a whole donor truck is for the rearend. The rear on the Impalas is a dual trailing arm, coil spring set up, but Hotchkis Performance makes everything needed. The biggest problem for me (other than electronics) will be enlargening the tranny tunnel...I really like the SS center console.

Tom

What would you do? Make it a four link? I would never put leafs under it, to much spring wrap. Will be cool, can't wait for pics!!! ;Sweet

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Well, I loved the car, but could only stand 2 of 3 of the hip-hop comedy hour, that's just like being at work (prison). No way I could watch that show, the host seems to know or do little to the car. Great car though.;Sweet

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online