power?

cbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im in the process of resealing alot of things on my motor right now and doing head gaskets and arps. i have a ats 088 turbo i am putting on. and buying stage one injectors with a RD2-90 pump. i have no idea what kind of power increase i will have. does anyone know what my tq and hp #s should be around after this?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Hard to say HP and torque numbers will end up.. Mostly depends on engine and turbo condition. Are you planning to time the engine or align marks and guess. Please time it so you won't be leaving HP or torque on the table. Get all of it knowing what the timing is.

cbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
both the engine and turbo are in good condition. and i am going to align the marks on the injection pump gear if that is what you are talking about

FordGuy100

Reaction score
225 rwhp and 475 wtq +- 25hp/tq. Fairly broad, but it really depends on if you can utilize all that fuel or not

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
both the engine and turbo are in good condition. and i am going to align the marks on the injection pump gear if that is what you are talking about
That's just a starting point. Still needs to be timed

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you need to spend some time in the stickies. Learn what you are doing before you go messing with your engine, trust me I've learned this the hard way:idiot:

cbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's why he said spend your time in the tech/sticky/faq section. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

okay well im new to this forum and dont know how to find things very well or else i wouldve found the information without asking

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Ok.. At the top of this forum you have several places to look at different types of information offered. We have a section called The Parts Bin... In this section you have part numbers for nearly every part of these trucks or engines.
Then in the Stickies you will find the how to do things like you are asking about.
As for timing the engine DO NOT ALIGN THE MARKS... Those mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. When this engine was factory built they timed the engines by an actual timing meter and THEN they made those gear housing and injection pump marks. Sadly now they mean nothing because EVERY injection pump is rebuilt and the timing is not a perfect place set internally. They are all over the place.. Really sad way to install a pump too. So you must locate a shop or person that can time this engine for you. No other way are you going to get it timed right. I mentioned this in a previous post in this thread. Remember EVERYONE is here to help you just like we were helped long before you. Look at my post count. I got there by helping others and asking questions. I was once called Talk Radio.. It was because I knew a little about a lot of things and can talk with authority on many subjects. That name was embraced by me..

cbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok.. At the top of this forum you have several places to look at different types of information offered. We have a section called The Parts Bin... In this section you have part numbers for nearly every part of these trucks or engines.
Then in the Stickies you will find the how to do things like you are asking about.
As for timing the engine DO NOT ALIGN THE MARKS... Those mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. When this engine was factory built they timed the engines by an actual timing meter and THEN they made those gear housing and injection pump marks. Sadly now they mean nothing because EVERY injection pump is rebuilt and the timing is not a perfect place set internally. They are all over the place.. Really sad way to install a pump too. So you must locate a shop or person that can time this engine for you. No other way are you going to get it timed right. I mentioned this in a previous post in this thread. Remember EVERYONE is here to help you just like we were helped long before you. Look at my post count. I got there by helping others and asking questions. I was once called Talk Radio.. It was because I knew a little about a lot of things and can talk with authority on many subjects. That name was embraced by me..

okay thank you. how far off are the pumps usually? because im not too sure if i have access to a timing meter

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no way of knowing. Mine is off 15* retarded with the lines lined up.

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is also a thread for people who rent/loan them out. It makes night and day difference to time a truck. Heck even different turbo kits like different timing for more power.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely get it timed. Its' as easy as buying a Ferret timing adapter and using your timing light. Timing makes all the difference in how these engines run. So it's worth the expense and hassle.

If you haven't found the sticky already you time it by rotating the pump on it's mount. There are 3 nuts you loosen up and then you can rotate the pump. Don't do this while it's running. typically they always need to be rotated to the passenger side.

I search this site from Google a lot. The internal search features aren't as good as they once were.

Jeremy