Power Window Regulator Jamming

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone else have issues with the regulator jamming up on the motor? Passenger side window on the 92 has been giving me fits... it jams up and will "pop" free if I loosen the motor slightly. Given the door skin material, I can't see/figure out what's jamming.

Is there any way to verify alignment, in truck? I may just throw a shim or two in there and see how it fares

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I think your "motor" or maybe the regulator may just be getting old and having issues. I had a 98 Sable Wagon, and if the windows were put all the way down, and someone opened and closed the door, the window would not go up. I would have to take the motor loose, push the window up just slightly, like less than an inch, screw the motor back in and the window was fine, until someone cycled the door with the window down..... never got it fixed before the car was totaled.......

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just had to work on my daughters Montana drivers side window. After two switches and two motors finely got it to work the right way.

Don't know how yours is mounted, but the Montane is held in by three bolts coming in from the back side, the quadrant gear would catch on one of the bolt heads slightly and window would not go up, down was OK. Finely just left out /removed that bolt.

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Motor works fine once loosened, no need for an assist like Snicklas mentioned. I'll have to look closely at a scrap one... Seems like the gear end fits between the motor and motor supports.

Bleh... Such a simple system but so hard to observe

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Motor works fine once loosened, no need for an assist like Snicklas mentioned. I'll have to look closely at a scrap one... Seems like the gear end fits between the motor and motor supports.

Bleh... Such a simple system but so hard to observe

I would bet that one of the holding screws (self tapping) is to long and hitting the quadrant gear, if you can loosen the motor, to me that's a sure sign of it. There is kind of a plastic guide to keep the quadrant gear inline with the motor gear. Shorten the screws.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does the window when not attached to reg slide freely up down by hqnd?

Is the nylon square sliding freely in its track at bas of glass?

Remove regulator and bench test ...observe for deficincies

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oldbull: good copy on shortening the screws, I'll give that a look

Does the window when not attached to reg slide freely up down by hqnd?

Is the nylon square sliding freely in its track at bas of glass?

With the motor out it slides freely up and down.

Looks like it was replaced at one point, rivet job is rough and there's apprentice marks around the regulator mounts. The whole assembly is probably a little cockeyed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online