power steering pump

cdacaraudio

Reaction score
well for the last 2 months i have been having steering trouble. u will be driving down the road and the steering will start pulling to one side u go to correct it and it pulls the wheel the other way and some times it will almost like lock up when going into a turn then unlock like maybe there is a air bubble. i had the steering checked out by 2 different shops and they both said to start with tie rods that they where a little worn witch i already knew but they both said its probably just part of the problem. well i replaced tie rods and it helped then i replaced the gear box and that helped to but now that i have the new gear box and tie rods, when it does start pulling its much more noticeable. my thoughts are that the power steering pump is causing problems. i have noticed its getting harder to turn the steering wheel, i also have noticed my brakes some times don't feel like they should when I'm having steering problems so it leads me to think the pump is on its way out or something. if i replace it i want something with a little more power. i was looking at the AGR stuff but cant afford there whole system but wanted to know if i can run one of there pumps.. i seen them for around $120-$150. if any one has any idea's i would love to here them and if any one has experience with aftermarket steering pumps i would love to hear from u to

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online