Powder coating engine parts... Question if anyone knows.

89dieselbko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So with my 7.3 coming out, i was thinking on some powder coating (to go along with paint on the block and heads) and was wondering what could be powder coated and hold up.

Going to do valve covers for sure, got a set out of JY for next to nothing, nearly new, only a touch of rust near bolts.

Was thinking manifolds. Got a JY set that dont have broken ends near the front and rear most bolts. Can powder coated manifolds hold the heat?

Planning on doing some of the various mounts and such, brackets, Adding AC of course got those brackets out of the yard as well...

Guess what im really curious about, i have found high temp powder coats that are supposed to be good up to 1200... but has anyone actually
had any of this done, and how well its held up? I know engine enamel works great for heat, heck my 331 stroker has 30k or so miles on paint, and only the manifolds burned off. But none of that was powder coated, several places say they have manifold safe powder coat that will hold the heat... dont want to buy in if thats just a sales pitch.

Also doing my rims ford blue powder, then going to air brush the ford oval on them, and clear coat. Should look nice.

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The intake manifold will be fine. The exhaust manifolds will have to be ceramic coated to withstand the heat.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get manifolds ceramic coated...done! Takes heat gooder LOL

As for the rest ya the brackets and valve covers etc would be great done in PC NMB2 has a nice engine all purdy in powder coated.

FYI you can do self powder coat too...there are kits, apparently quite good too. Just gotta use your own oven....it's why I'm looking for a shop oven..that and baking painted parts too...wife don't like it when I bake painted parts in her OVEN...rofl..

Also looking for a dishwasher for parts too!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US