Possibly looking for help in Iowa this summer.

89Laredo

Underemployed
Reaction score
My 83 needs a headgasket job, timing, etc. I don't have the knowledge, tools, or a place to tear an engine down. Looking for someone close to the mason city area that would be willing to let me put my truck in their garage and help me out. I could pay but it wouldn't be much, I'm a poor farmhand.

Truck is my dd and leaks about a gallon of coolant a day (external hg leak), otherwise runs fine so its not a big hurry.

I'm capable and willing to do the work, just need instruction/overwatch and a place to do it, have r/r'd 3 idi engines.

Thanks,
Dylan

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 83 needs a headgasket job, timing, etc. I don't have the knowledge, tools, or a place to tear an engine down. Looking for someone close to the mason city area that would be willing to let me put my truck in their garage and help me out. I could pay but it wouldn't be much, I'm a poor farmhand.

Truck is my dd and leaks about a gallon of coolant a day (external hg leak), otherwise runs fine so its not a big hurry.

I'm capable and willing to do the work, just need instruction/overwatch and a place to do it, have r/r'd 3 idi engines.

Thanks,
Dylan
if this is your DD and you're poor, your best bet is a large jar of Bar's leak. not ideal but neither is your situation and it beats the hell out of completely ruining a motor.

89Laredo

Underemployed
Reaction score
I've been trying to avoid that, but I guess there's really not much risk since I plan on replacing the radiator soon anyway.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
these things are nothing but nuts and bolts.
you dont need experience, all you need is
WILL, TOOLS, AND OILBURNERS.NET.

cash is always a pain in the ass to come by,
when i was broke and needed car parts....
Ramen noodle was my friend.

89Laredo

Underemployed
Reaction score
I'm sure I could do it myself. The main thing is I don't have a good clean place to tear a engine apart. And I don't have a meter to time it with after it's put back together.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you can always rent a meter.
Garys helps with engine timing, but it wont cure retardedness....
i can attest to that!

89Laredo

Underemployed
Reaction score
I dumped a bottle of bars plt11 in it. Drove 50 mi home from camp and looks like the coolant level didn't move... Hopefully this will keep it from leaking for a while till I can fix it the right way.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726