Polymer filtration - what is it?

jas88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found this site www.myfastfuel.com that sells filtration units for WMO. They claim their filter removes water and acids and such that sounds really good but it is spendy. They say the "heart" of their system is this dual-pole polymer filtration pod that is used by the military. Does anybody know what this is and where you could get one? I would like to build a system such as theirs but for a lot less $$ if that is possible. How would one know what kind of a filter pod to buy?

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
I found this site www.myfastfuel.com that sells filtration units for WMO. They claim their filter removes water and acids and such that sounds really good but it is spendy. They say the "heart" of their system is this dual-pole polymer filtration pod that is used by the military. Does anybody know what this is and where you could get one? I would like to build a system such as theirs but for a lot less $$ if that is possible. How would one know what kind of a filter pod to buy?

I think it is snake oil.... :D some kind of resin like a water softener has?cookoo

camodude

Reaction score
i have this system it works fine i am useing a 50% wmo/50% diesel blend for now, i run this blend in a 2002 f-250 7.3
yes a bit expensive but so is a 7.3 replacement so i spent the $$ and got the toby unit. as for snake oil i think he just likes to say snake oil!

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
i have this system it works fine i am useing a 50% wmo/50% diesel blend for now, i run this blend in a 2002 f-250 7.3
yes a bit expensive but so is a 7.3 replacement so i spent the $$ and got the toby unit. as for snake oil i think he just likes to say snake oil!

Dude that is the first time in over 2000 post I said that!!:backoff:backoff

jas88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
camodude, can you tell what kind of pod is inside the toby? I was hoping I could buy just that part from a polymer filtration supplier (it ain't snake oil, look it up) and build a system around it for less $$.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
the filter housing he is using looks just like my house water filter i used in my set up. mine is just clear on the bottom and blue on top instead of white. is it simply a different filter? where would you get more at?

jas88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is an external particle filter, so it is just like what you are using. It's the filter pod that is inside the tank that I am interested in.

camodude

Reaction score
the filter inside the tank is a bag of polymer beads(white)
so far i have 200 miles on wmo/diesel blend.

jas88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So does the line to your pump run thru the filter bag? In their schematic it looks like the bag just lays in there and reacts with the oil, but that can't be right I don't think? Is the oil running THRU the filter bag on it's way to your tank?

camodude

Reaction score
jas you could get all the info you need on this system in one phone call to them, i had all the same questions as you, and if i would have had more time i could figer it out and make a unit just like the toby, but diesel around here is up and down every day $4.20 to $4.40 a gal.
im thinking they have about $500-$600 in the unit if that but by the time i go get every thing in need or think i need and do all the things wrong that they did and fixed i could have over a grand in it and thats if i didnt trash my motor doing it so
i went ahead and spent the grand now im burning $2.00 a gal fuel not $4.40 a gal and so far my motor is still running

john mau

Reaction score
Its a DI resin you can get refillable ones at buckeye field supply or most aquarium places..

What is a DI resin and how does it work. We have several diesels (trucks, tractors, and heavy equipment) and I would like to build my own inexpensive filter system. The TOBY uses a 10 micron and a 1 micron and you stir it initially but thats about it.... What does the resin do?

camodude

Reaction score
is use the tobey unit to fuel my o2 f-250 7.3 the beads remove water and acids and makes the ph neutral, i was running 50/50 mix for 600miles with no smoke then came the smoke so after burning a tank of $4.75 a gallon diesel
it still smokes and now is starting to miss in overdrive (6 speed stick)and loss of power when pulling and on the mountans blue smoke turns to black when you give it fuel any input? injectors bad? i also have a small hole in the fuel filler neck will that make any dif?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7