Polymer filtration - what is it?

jas88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you figure out what the problem is? With my very limited diesel experience, I would say your fuel filter is plugged up.

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to bash this guys stuff....well maybe I am gonna bash it a little. (And I'm not bashing you Jas, I'm bashing the fastfuel folks).

Begin rant...

Think about this.

You put oil in it. It's waste oil, it's got a lot of junk in there, right? It's gotta go SOMEWHERE. Where's that? (maybe the filter). How long's it gonna take to clog that teeny weeny filter? (about 2 gallons). That's assuming it's actually rated at what they claim.

Also, can you image filling your truck with a SPOT SPRAYER? It would take FOREVER to fill up. I'm using a 1" pump rated at 720 GPH and it still takes a long time. Oils are HEAVY, and it'll tax any pump you're gonna use.

Rant over....

Here's what I'd do. Run over to biodiesel.infopop.cc, take a look at the SVO forums. Lots of good reading from folks that have done it before and will FREELY show you how to do it.

Also -- if you're stuck on the spot-spayer idea, I'd get a few bag filters from McMaster-Carr (get a 1 micron final filter), and just run it through there. I got a 4"x8" 1 micron for $3.82 last week. You can rig up some PVC fittings to make a housing for the filters...

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
i think the filter will last longer than you think, heck a little one on a engine can last 3000+ miles. motor oil usually isent that dirty it still has to keep those soft crank bearings safe.

i have run several hundred gallons though my filters and they still flow fine.

pumping can also depend on the type of pump used but i can imagine the toby unit being slow. a good gear pump is what is great at moving some thicker stuff unlike a typical centrifical pump.

i would still like to know more about the DI resins.

milner351

Full Access Member
Reaction score
camodude - any updates on your engine?

have you changed / inspected your engine fuel and air filters?

I hope you have not damaged your fuel injectors - that gets spendy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online