Planning a LONG ride in the IDI. Can I get a rescue list please?

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Yeah, it comes home from the body shop Friday. It will have a new hood half along with a "texas" bumper to match it's new sibling's. Oh, & the "sissy sticks" on the bumper sides took a hike long ago. Those are like training wheels for new Peterbilt drivers so you keep that nice round shape to your fenders while learning to judge things

As for the physical, as Rodney Carrington once said, "that's a special bond ya have with a feller who's had a finger in yer ass!" Honestly though, I've never had a "pooper check" at a DOT physical. LOL Must be too young or too ugly.

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Scott

Enjoyed the talk we had the other day. Sorry I had to cut it short. Would like to visit more over a few beers. Do you ever head west? I know my wife says they get several transports in each day down at the Chevy house. I saw a transport go by my house the other day that was completley full of new orange corvettes. Lots of vehicles move around from dealership to dealership too.

Tom

pafixitman

Reaction score
Hey Scott,
Glad to hear ya made it. Sweet looking truck. You now share my opinion of the IDI. How can you part with her when they will take all of that abuse and never quit?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scott, When did you service the fluid in your rear axle last? Pretty unusual to have them self distruct like that. What ratio do you have? Glad you made it. Great pic of the truck atop your new rig. ;Sweet

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
TLBREWER said:
Scott

Enjoyed the talk we had the other day. Sorry I had to cut it short. Would like to visit more over a few beers. Do you ever head west? I know my wife says they get several transports in each day down at the Chevy house. I saw a transport go by my house the other day that was completley full of new orange corvettes. Lots of vehicles move around from dealership to dealership too.

Tom

Likewise. Didn't want to hold you up any longer. I've never been any further west than Arkansas in the car hauler. Maybe as the company grows, so will the territory I cover. I've always wanted to see NM. Good vaction spot?

Joe, I thought I was done for when they showed me the plug. But it was already bad enough so I just kept going. Nothing I could do about it 300 miles from home. It felt normal @ 65-70mph so I figured I'd make a run for it & get as far down as I could before it let loose completely. As you see, it never did. Amazing! ;Sweet

Mel, the fluid was serviced about a year ago when I put the rear in the truck. It was a junk yard rear that has never felt quite right. It's got 3.55's it in, limited slip.

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
apextrans said:
Likewise. Didn't want to hold you up any longer. I've never been any further west than Arkansas in the car hauler. Maybe as the company grows, so will the territory I cover. I've always wanted to see NM. Good vaction spot?

If by vacation you mean amusement parks and the like...no. If you enjoy wide open spaces, American history, 50,000 + acre cattle ranches, camping in some of the most beautiful national forests in the country, riding a steam engined train thru the mountains, museums, art, culture, awesome food, some of the best snow skiing in the US...then yes. I've only lived here for 15 years, but I could go on for hours on all that we have to offer.
And trucks. I think there must be about 2 trucks average per household in New Mexico...course not all of them run. LOL

Tom

krawlr

Yup, that's me
Reaction score
apextrans said:
Joe, I thought I was done for when they showed me the plug. But it was already bad enough so I just kept going. Nothing I could do about it 300 miles from home. It felt normal @ 65-70mph so I figured I'd make a run for it & get as far down as I could before it let loose completely. As you see, it never did. Amazing! ;Sweet

Mel, the fluid was serviced about a year ago when I put the rear in the truck. It was a junk yard rear that has never felt quite right. It's got 3.55's it in, limited slip.

You may have the older short splined pinion setup that has a tendancy to wear the splines wich in turn loosens the pinion nut. Mine was loose enough that there was side play on the pinion. The misalignment was causing a burr to be rolled off the heel of the gear teeth.

And yea, that new rig looks sweet. ;Sweet

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
krawlr said:
You may have the older short splined pinion setup that has a tendancy to wear the splines wich in turn loosens the pinion nut. Mine was loose enough that there was side play on the pinion. The misalignment was causing a burr to be rolled off the heel of the gear teeth.

And yea, that new rig looks sweet. ;Sweet

Thanks for the kind words. There is ALOT of metal on the plug, even after being cleaned off & refilled. It's gonna have to be opened up to see whats going on in there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin