Pillar pod choices...

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As some of you know, I'm going to Colorado to pick up a new to me '94 4×4 7.3 idit XLT.
I'm pretty excited about this:Thumbs Up

Anyway, I'm going to using the same gauge layout as in Diego - boost and pyrometer in a twofer pod just left of center on the dash top and three on the pillar. Which brings me to my question: my choices are AutoMeter @$82 Glowshit @$37 and Banks, iirc at about the same as AutoMeter. Now of course they're all abs plastic made "overseas" possibly in the same factory... Does anyone have first hand experience with any or all? Is there any reason to pay twice as much for the AutoMeter? If there's a measurable quality difference - thicker moldings or a better fit, I'll pay it. But if it's a case of brand name induced price gouging, well, you know where they can stick that:bs

fuzzy1626

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is an AutoMeter in a 94. I've been very happy with it.

100_0808-jpg.66902

Last edited by a moderator:

fuzzy1626

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It fit really well. Just a little tweaking, and matching interior paint from Advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the quad glowshift pod in my truck, I've had many different gauges in it so its been removed and installed several dozen times, this last week it cracked by the bottom bolt, its cheaper and you get what you pay for but its lasted 5 years or so.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took a bit of work to get it to fit nice but it fit alright, I’ve never installed the autometer pod so I can’t really give a good comparison.

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I spent a long time with a heat gun to get the universal pillar pod that's in Diego now to fit acceptably well... If the autometer fits really well, it might be worth the scratch!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online