Pics of new IDI

haligen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally went out and snapped a few photos of my new truck. She's not the prettiest but at least now thanks to this board she had her first start without stalling out and then a crank fest.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats and thanks for the phtotos.

Now, drive it to the Rally so I can see it in person.:D

Heath

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You could spray can that hood and get it pretty decent looking, cheap and easy. Nice truck.

haligen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got done priming it. When I got it the hood was a giant orange rust stained mess. Had to skim coat it with putty do to the pitting but she primed up nice. I'll probably start messing with the body after a few mechanicals get taken care of. Still need tires on the front and I planned on redoing most of the front end bits just so I know there solid. That and I have a weird noise coming from under the floor boards so lord only knows what that's going to wind up being.

BlueOvalBud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could spray can that hood and get it pretty decent looking, cheap and easy. Nice truck.

Yep, rattle can is certainly cost-effective on an older rig ;Sweet
Mine sports the ACE brand International Red and Gloss white. Wash it up good, bondo any low spots, sand the rough stuff, prime it, and spray bomb it. To go the two-tone paint on my truck, the initital paint was 2 cans of primer, 2 cans of gloss white, and 2 cans of red. But all I have to paint is the regular cab and front clip. I don't have a crew cab and dually bed...but I'd say it could be done with 8 cans of black and have 2 or 3 coats.
After the initial paint job, I wash mine up good in the late spring or early fall when temperatures are decent, and just give it 2 more coats of red and white. Matter of fact, I'm going to do that pretty soon here, that way the truck looks good for the rally. ;Sweet
It looks great from a distance, and with the cheap spray bomb, I never worry about scratches.

And x2 what Heath said, bring it down to the rally!!:thumbsup:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online