Pics of my 4x4 van

big van

Nobody Special
Reaction score
Well guys here are some pics of my 87 van. Has 91 7.3 about 95K. I know .... needs bigger tires!! Everyone tells me. Think I can fit 35's sometime down the road. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks ,Matt

Attachments

• DSC02231.JPG
    DSC02231.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC02232.JPG
    DSC02232.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC02233.JPG
    DSC02233.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC02234.JPG
    DSC02234.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 11

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice job! Mark Sekeres would be proud (if he would ever get in here and post). Jack that back end up a bit.

big van

Nobody Special
Reaction score
The rear springs are whats on the to do list. Once I put my tools in she squated a little. Not real keen on the set up from the previous owner. A trip to Reading Spring is in the near future!! I want some heavy 3". But I've thought about bags also. Any ideas? I have no experiance with air bags. Matt

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That thing is a real ******* wagon....... :D

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
cookoo..... no mudd......no stacks :eek: ...j/k :D :thumbsup: van!

Is it my pooter or is that a stubby van :confused:

You gots to level that thing...all that weight in the front and the *** still sags LOL

Is it one of the early Quigly conversions?

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I did to help the ass-end of my ambulance was add some leaves to the rear pack. In particular, I doubled up the main leaf via a pseudo-military wrap. I cut about 3/4 of the spring eyes out, which allowed the added main leaf to fit around the bottom of the existing leaf. I added a couple more other leaves to each pack.

I just used a pair of junkyard leaf packs for donor leaves.

MTIDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a few ideas for you.

Ever seen Old School?
:Sly

;Sweet

:D

big van

Nobody Special
Reaction score
geonc, It is a shorty so your pooter is just fine. It was converted by previous owners mechanic. Use to be 1/2 ton 6 cyl. 2wd. I was thinking of making my own when I stumbled on this one. He did a very complete job except just a couple small things i'll finish up.

seanpistol, no crazy interior mods. Just some shelves i made for my tools (self employed carpenter) and some comfortable swivel bucket seats.

mr roboto, I'll have to ponder your idea. Might be a cheap improvement on the springs. Thanks

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Just some shelves i made for my tools (self employed carpenter) and some comfortable swivel bucket seats.

:thumbsup: Matt! I build stairs and looked high and low for a 4X4 van a few years back...found some...mostly Quigly conversions but $$$$$$$$

I go into some pretty rough places and really did not want the body flexing with the sliding door....never found any barn type side doors.

Still cool tho :cheers: