Pickin' Up A 2007 Peterbilt Car Hauler Tomorrow

BamaSixGun

Will Work 4 Chrome
Reaction score
Thats right. We sold all 4 of our older Pete's and are going to Gainesville, GA tomorrow to pick-up our new 2007 Peterbilt 379 Short Hood and 2008 Cottrell C-10LT A/B Highside Stack Trailer.

The color is Sirius White and Flame Red. Has a C15 CAT with a 18 speed.

Pics below, hope you enjoy. Let me know whatcha think.

You must be registered for see images attach

rubberfish

Reaction score
Good looking truck. If I had to spend my life in one,
I'd have trouble deciding between a Pete or a KW.
Both are great trucks. Like the colours you got. ;Sweet

wgargan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you want to come pick up my truck in NC and take it to california? I'm trying to get a hauler through a broker and they are lagging.

i am open to suggestions as i have never shipped a vehicle.

MMeier

Reaction score
Do you want to come pick up my truck in NC and take it to california? I'm trying to get a hauler through a broker and they are lagging.

Just say no to brokers, go direct. How much are they charging you?

BamaSixGun

Will Work 4 Chrome
Reaction score

Well, we stopped running to the Left Coast about 2 years ago. The high price of diesel made that decision for us. I am not only a carrier, but I also have my broker authority.

Not all of us brokers are bad. Most of them charge a non-refundable fee up front without ever having done anything to move your vehicle. We DO NOT opperate that way. We try to locate a transporter to haul your vehicle first and once its on the truck and on its way, then we ask that you pay the transporter upon delivery and also send us our fees (usually 15% of the total qoute).

Some brokers will also promise you the world. We make no promises, NEVER.

But we will do the absolute best we can to get the job done.

What area of California would this vehicle be going too?

wgargan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, we stopped running to the Left Coast about 2 years ago. The high price of diesel made that decision for us. I am not only a carrier, but I also have my broker authority.

Not all of us brokers are bad. Most of them charge a non-refundable fee up front without ever having done anything to move your vehicle. We DO NOT opperate that way. We try to locate a transporter to haul your vehicle first and once its on the truck and on its way, then we ask that you pay the transporter upon delivery and also send us our fees (usually 15% of the total qoute).

Some brokers will also promise you the world. We make no promises, NEVER.

But we will do the absolute best we can to get the job done.

What area of California would this vehicle be going too?

$950 to the carrier+$150 refundable broker fees. this is for a non-op vehicle, however it can be driven on and off the truck, it just has a really badly worn valve guide.

Its going to Visalia, Ca in Tulare county. Its going to be dropped off at my dads well drilling company so I can use the shop to fix it.

10 days are up on wednesday. If they do not find a carrier i was just going to drop it off at a DAS location. they said it might sit for two weeks but it would eventually get there.

I am leaving NC in two weeks so i need a plan to get it out of here.

By the way, love the truck, my wife always points out the peterbilt trucks to me she loves them to!

BamaSixGun

Will Work 4 Chrome
Reaction score
$950 to the carrier+$150 refundable broker fees. this is for a non-op vehicle, however it can be driven on and off the truck, it just has a really badly worn valve guide.

Its going to Visalia, Ca in Tulare county. Its going to be dropped off at my dads well drilling company so I can use the shop to fix it.

10 days are up on wednesday. If they do not find a carrier i was just going to drop it off at a DAS location. they said it might sit for two weeks but it would eventually get there.

I am leaving NC in two weeks so i need a plan to get it out of here.

By the way, love the truck, my wife always points out the peterbilt trucks to me she loves them to!

Well, one reason I think it hasnt been moved, 950.00 to the carrier is to cheap. That is only .36 per mile. That price is great sounding to you, but its too cheap, all it will do is continue to sit there, unless a transporter is despirate to fill an empty spot on the truck.

Especially if it has trouble running and cant make it up the ramps. Not too many driver's are willing to put up with a vehicle that will not or may have trouble running.

That move is really worth about 1200.00 to 1300.00 to the transporter.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nice unit:thumbsup:
Sure is a big sleeper for a carhauler tho. Your fifthwheel raise and lower? I've pulled many haulers off speedbumps over the years-cuss