pic of a super charged 7.3 idi that's pulling

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

do you have a reference for those electric fans on a 7.3?? Are they the same for a 6.9?? Part number, source, brand?? I must have missed it in this thread.

I just installed a 3G alternator for this type of thing, plus, I reallyreallyreallyreally hate putting on the belts over the engine fan blades... I dunno, I'm a simpleton sometimes.

Iirc the fans are off of a Ford Taurus. Don't know what year though.

blown84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are right that it would be more complex but at the same time it allows for more power. But either way an SC will help a lot on the low end. And as far as the braided steel lines, you could even get ones for high pressure too, but polished would look pretty cool too in my book.

i know you can get em for high pressure as well. i plan on usin braided stainless in place of all of the hoses everywhere after the swap. im gonna upgrade to hydroboost, so all of lines off of the p/s pump will be stainless, and all of the flexible brake lines will be too. i even want to use it on the a/c.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You're welcome man. Another thing I thought of was to do a search. I think there are a few threads on it here and if you don't find what you need other people will be able to help you better if you make a whole new thread about it. That way more people will see you r question. But anyway I have heard its an awesome upgrade and it is definitely worth doin.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i know you can get em for high pressure as well. i plan on usin braided stainless in place of all of the hoses everywhere after the swap. im gonna upgrade to hydroboost, so all of lines off of the p/s pump will be stainless, and all of the flexible brake lines will be too. i even want to use it on the a/c.

That will look good for sure man. Be sure to make a thread when you do it and show lots of pics. ;Sweet

blown84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
God help me?

today, while sniffin round the junk yard for some parts for my explorer, i started lookin for diesel 5 speeds to swap out my T19 for. in the process, i stumbled upon not one, but two PSDs, with garret factory turbos still in place. anybody thinkin what im thinkin??

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
God help me?

today, while sniffin round the junk yard for some parts for my explorer, i started lookin for diesel 5 speeds to swap out my T19 for. in the process, i stumbled upon not one, but two PSDs, with garret factory turbos still in place. anybody thinkin what im thinkin??

hope you are a good fabricator.:D

blown84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hell. fab would be the easy part. the trick will be rebuildin the motor to handle it...

OOOOO!!!!!!

6psi blower to get it outta the hole, and twins wind up the top end might be a VERY real possiblily.

blown84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would be really cool also but I was wanting to see your big blower setup on your idi. Lol. You could always get another truck to put the PSD in...:sly

well, maybe ill go no-holds-bars and do the blower/twins setup. cause im dead set on doin a blower. if i can get it done, ill even take it a step further come dyno time. first set of runs: blower removed, n/a set up. second runs: twins, blower still off. third, blower only. fourth, blower/twins. fifth, blower/twins, water/**** injection. and now, im even thinkin bout runnin the heat exchanger intercoolers for the blower, as well as a big, air/air intercooler for the turbos.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, maybe ill go no-holds-bars and do the blower/twins setup. cause im dead set on doin a blower. if i can get it done, ill even take it a step further come dyno time. first set of runs: blower removed, n/a set up. second runs: twins, blower still off. third, blower only. fourth, blower/twins. fifth, blower/twins, water/**** injection. and now, im even thinkin bout runnin the heat exchanger intercoolers for the blower, as well as a big, air/air intercooler for the turbos.

All that testing would be awesome, but whatever you build, it better have a big a** blower on it! Haha. A PSD setup with all that on it would make sick power. I wanna see it do this. ;burnout

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86