Pcm swap???

90f250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After all this time. The mechanic finally got it into the shop (hes been extremely busy) and within an hour had it solved. The PCM.. ya know, the one I had "rebuilt" .. so now I've got to get ahold of the company that rebuilt it and see what hes going to do to make this right. The mechanic swapped in one of his test pcms that was the same everything as my pcm and every single thing works and truck fired right up. 4x4 still works too, lol.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
. The PCM.. ya know, the one I had "rebuilt" .. so now I've got to get ahold of the company that rebuilt it and see what hes going to do to make this right.

Great to hear your rig is back to making smoke. It's hard to look at the bright side when some flakey replacement parts made such a mess for you, but the genuine upside of this is that your troubleshooting skills were in fact spot on. It's not money in your wallet, but you can honestly say that your abilities as a mechanic are solid. The shop didn't fix your truck: they replaced the same part you did, only their part wasn't defective.

Now it's time to see how your parts vendor makes it right. Present them with the hard costs you endured on behalf of their defective replacement part, and ask them what their expectation would be as the end user.

Good luck

90f250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That doesn't surprise me. Mind telling where it came from?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Crites core in spencer, Indiana. Hes actually a very reputable company and has been doing computers for over 25 years. I dont know what happened with mine but I'm trying to get this made right by him.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86