Particulate filter on IDI?

nitroguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds AWESOME!:hail

I dream of having a mile and a half long driveway.

It's the best, I tell ya!

This is my view from the end of my driveway. And winter time is the best. Sittin on my 73 ford 3000 diesel tractor to plow first thing in the morning stillness - it's pure gold!

You must be registered for see images attach

But, I digress. Montana is full, anyways, you wouldn't like it. What with all the overcrowding of deer and elk and whatnot. It's pretty unbearable.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
But, I digress. Montana is full, anyways, you wouldn't like it. What with all the overcrowding of deer and elk and whatnot. It's pretty unbearable.
I'm fairly certain that I could shoot my way through the crowds of deer and moose. I'm also positive that I couldn't handle the winter temperatures that are common in Montana. You won't have to worry about me adding to the human population of Montana.

lsaami

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maaaaaayyyyybe. ;)
I mean, the deer make them, I just ride them!
I prefer the dual track variety these days. Did the black hills last summer. Montana is on the list.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my truck because it has literally NO emission controls from factory. Why do you think these engines ran so long? Yes, they are underpowered, so they can't really hurt themselves. However, emissions crap also puts extra load on the engine too. Just look at the problems encountered by the 6.0, 6.4 and even the 6.7. Do you really want that in your truck?

I used to work in the Alberta oil patch for a company that ran a fleet of cement pumping units. They were either cab & chassis setups, or tractor & trailer. The number one reason they had a truck in the shop was due to emission control malfunctions. It was so bad that we started toying with the idea of refurbishing pre-tier3 vehicles to keep the older, more reliable engines legally on the road.

And then there was the proprietary software that CAT and Detroit ran on laptops that would often crap out halfway through the repairs. I was the instrumentation, controls and electronics tech of the shop so I got roped in to help on many occasions because the mechanics were swamped most of the time. I learned a lot while moonlighting as a HD mechanic, but most of all, I learned just how complex and unreliable the Tier3 emissions packages were. Made me love my truck even more.

Montana looks stunning though. Please don't let the dems ruin it the way they did cali.

lsaami

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there such a thing as "three track"? That's mostly my speed these days.

“Triple track” sounds cooler. :)

here’s a pick of my ride.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
If I was going to buy a sport quad, it would probably be a 400EX. Unless I could find a steal on a Banshee (not at all a Yamaha fan) or a KFX700 (now I LOVE those, but I barely see them for sale around here).

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I was going to buy a sport quad, it would probably be a 400EX. Unless I could find a steal on a Banshee (not at all a Yamaha fan) or a KFX700 (now I LOVE those, but I barely see them for sale around here).

I used to have a Yamaha Warrior 350 and it was awesome. One day when we have land and I have time we will definitely have a fleet. As for brand, the Japanese stuff is really just what color you like and if you have the tools. They are all reliable and with aftermarket parts can be made to feel and ride the same. Same with motorcycles, unless its a Harley or some Italian thing, they go forever, just pick green, blue, red, or yellow and you're in the clear.

lsaami

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reliability is what got me. Banshees are are awesome, but Yamaha plus two strokes equals very unreliable. The 400ex is about the most solid sport quad you can get.

plus I get lost in those bug eyes. :oops:

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Reliability is what got me. Banshees are are awesome, but Yamaha plus two strokes equals very unreliable. The 400ex is about the most solid sport quad you can get.
The reliability of the 400EX is great. I also don't need or want arm ripping power these days. I enjoy doing the same thing as others do with "less" of a machine. The Banshee, on the other hand, is as much of a legend as a TRX250R. Plus I don't think that there was ever a better sounding ATV made.

gearhead4207

Reaction score
If th ou wanted emissions they made one for are trucks and it's the smoke puff eliminator you can get it through hypermax they also run a little cleaner with a turbo they are the ssd's simplest kind I tease everyone during the winter about my truck being plugged in it's a hybrid

RuzzL

Reaction score
Just switch to bio-diesel. Either find a supplier, get a kit to make it, or a kit to run heated fryer grease off secondary tank.