Particulate filter on IDI?

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just switch to bio-diesel. Either find a supplier, get a kit to make it, or a kit to run heated fryer grease off secondary tank.

The most economical way to utilize these trucks would be to remove the bed, build a food truck bed and make some fried foods. Maybe churros? Just need a small generator or propane heater for the fryer. And the fryer drain can go straight into the tank (some sort of filtration of course). 24/7 churro scented IDI.

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
24/7 churro scented IDI.

When folks turn their nose up, frown, then ask "What you running in that thing? Smells like fries...." I generally say "Oh I just pulled thru McDonald's while ago, was smoke everywhere, they must'a been on fire!" Then I drive off in big cloud of fry smoke!!! LOL

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Putting my 2 cents in here:
Black smoke is just plain incomplete combustion - you are starving for air!
Ford turned these things up as far as they could get away with from the factory, which resulted in more smoke(and a bit more HP) than it could have had.
The solution is either to turn the fuel limit screw /down/, and reduce the fuel(and power) by a small amount... or add a turbo, turn the fuel /up/, and still enjoy a cleaner burning truck!
And yes, a Hypermax Smoke Puff Limiter can turn the highest cranked turbo IDI down to N/A levels until boost builds, resulting in little to no smoke(depending on how you set it). Pretty cool tool!

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
Putting my 2 cents in here:
Black smoke is just plain incomplete combustion - you are starving for air!

Yes I agree!!
But on a slightly different note:
I keep seeing all these folks sitting at the lite, lite change & they got to drop the hammer, blow smoke, lots of smoke filling the road full, & wear/pull on tires, lots of noise, all so they can hurry up get to next lite so they can sit some more......
I'm not against any or all of this....it's their rig & $$$. & I kind'a like seeing some of this!

What worries me is fact here in Central Oregon we don't have any smog check like other places. At some point the Green Tree Huggers gonn'a get it going here if these diesel hot-rodders don't quit filling roads full of black smoke round town. Go out into the country......
My 2cents too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online

No members online now.