Parking Brake

Tlrfshr

Reaction score
As I'm repairing several items on my truck today, I noticed the parking break doesn't work like it should. The PO has 2 different new parking brake cables he included when I bought it from him. However, I wanted to see if anyone had pictures of the cables and how they are suppose to go? It seems there are some things not suppose to be there on mine. Any help?

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How they go into the drum or how they are linked together then go singly to the pedal?

Tlrfshr

Reaction score
Attached some photos of what all I have going on with the parking brake. Unless I’m missing something, it doesn’t all look right to me.

any help on this?

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
It looks like the 'nub' at the end of two of the cables is gone, and an attempt was made to hookup the one good good cable with whatever was left.

First, disconnect the upper cable, and thread it back through above the spring or frame so its much more straight. Reconnect.

Take that bright V-shaped thing off. Put the end of that cable into the other 'keyhole' in the rusty bar. (might need a new cable)

You may need a new front cable too.

Tlrfshr

Reaction score
It looks like the 'nub' at the end of two of the cables is gone, and an attempt was made to hookup the one good good cable with whatever was left.

First, disconnect the upper cable, and thread it back through above the spring or frame so its much more straight. Reconnect.

Take that bright V-shaped thing off. Put the end of that cable into the other 'keyhole' in the rusty bar. (might need a new cable)

You may need a new front cable too.

I believe LMC Truck sells the front cable repair kit so I’ll order that. It appears the two cables which came with the truck when I bought it will replace the current ones there. I’ll pull the assembly apart and clean it up before re-assembling it.