P0487 trouble code (help needed)

pedro_8149

7.3L Remote Turbo
Reaction score
Hey, I have a 2005 F350 PSD 6.0L. I run the bully dog triple dog programmer. I recently did an update on the programmer off bully dogs site, and reinstalled it in the truck and i have a new a problem now! I have a shudder when im running the truck hard. like when i pull out to pass a vehicle, and i also lose all power. So i checked for codes and i get the P0487 exhaust gas recirculation throttle position control circuit what does this mean? and the other thing is, when i remove the programmer and return it to stock there is no problem and no codes being thrown. and just a note, a couple of months ago i had my truck in the shop to get head gaskets re-done, and had arp head studs put in, the centre peice of the turbo was replaced and egr was replaced. so what you figure i should do...... still under warranty for a bit longer yet........

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you losing coolant out the degas cap? With new gaskets and studs your heads should be fine but I wonder if your EGR doesnt have a crack.

My opinion? If youre going to run the tuner and run the truck hard, go in for the EGR delete kit. Its going to cost YOU some money but will probably be the best bet in the long run.

pedro_8149

7.3L Remote Turbo
Reaction score
Its not overheating and not losing collant.
Also its still on warranty so i dont want to put a delete pipe on yet. Thanx

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also its still on warranty so i dont want to put a delete pipe on yet. Thanx

Your Triple Dog blew your warranty the day you installed it, did your dealer do your HG's under warranty?

I guess I am not understanding what you are asking US to help you with. You say the truck runs fine with the Triple Dog uninstalled right? Trouble shooting shouldnt be hard here, either pony up and delete the EGR or remove the Triple Dog and wait for warranty to expire or roll the dice and see how nice your dealer is.

pedro_8149

7.3L Remote Turbo
Reaction score
thed gaskets were replaced under warrenty and yes it runs fine uninstalled but before i got the head gaskets replaced the triple dog was awsome in there itts ever since they did warranty work on it and they also replaced the egr cooler at the same time its brand new less then 5000 km on it so im trying to figuree out why i get this code with programmer installed and not with it

Mont91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you called bully dog? Did the dealership update your truck computer. Could be your truck has been flashed but your programmer is set to work with the stock settings. Does the bully dog site ask for the version of your trucks programming? The Ford dealers in Texarkana(near where I am currently parked) sell and install bully dog, maybe not on trucks under warranty though:dunno.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online