overrunning alternator pulley??

Cracker

Reaction score
The idler pulley on my truck crapped out and I was searching here for a steel replacement source, unfortunatly my local NAPA went under last year so I went googling and found something interesting.

NULINE ENGINE PULLEYS out of Australia makes just what I was looking for and it was only $16 to boot as special order from Oreilly Atuo Parts. While surfing there site I found OVERRUNNING ALTERNATOR PULLEY's and a video and thought it looked interesting and was wondering if anyone else has seen or used them?

Here is a youtube video from NuLine showing the overrunning pully in action

http://youtu.be/OR0WEK3JEO4

Wicked97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Military hummers use them and they work great. Totally eliminates the galloping belt.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
So I'm wondering if this will stop the v belt alternater belt mess we have all come to hate. Hate to the point it made me Change to the serpentine belt system... I'm much happier now with only one belt under my rear seat...:D

firehawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Overrunning alternator pulleys are just a one way bearing. They still see shock loads, and they fail before the idler pulley does in the ones I have seen, and good luck finding a replacement. Replacement bearings are not available for vehicles that comes with these stock and replacement alternators use regular solid pulleys. On my wife's Jeep, I replaced the alternator with one that was solid.