Overdrive unit wanted

PackRat239

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking to find an aftermarket OD unit that I can put on my truck, such as a gear Vendors unit. I found one for an automatic trans, but it seems that it will cost almost as much as a new one after I purchase the parts to convert to a ZF. :eek: Anyway, if you have something interesting, pm me.

Thanks

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I just sold my spare Gear Vendors last month with a C6 adapter for $600.00. It had been rebuilt by the factory too. Just keep looking on ebay or craigslist. Buy the "P" model because the "J" model is a weaker and much older unit. Gear Vendors now owns all the company they used to buy these from over in England. They have all the tooling too. Even if you find a unit with a differant adapter housing for a good deal just buy it. Then contact GV about turning in the housing for what you need. You give them the housing and pay for what you need.. Not a very fair deal but its what we have to do... There is a ebay selly in Aromas Ca. that has spare housings al the time. He lists on ebay in the GV section too.

PackRat239

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just sold my spare Gear Vendors last month with a C6 adapter for $600.00. It had been rebuilt by the factory too. Just keep looking on ebay or craigslist. Buy the "P" model because the "J" model is a weaker and much older unit. Gear Vendors now owns all the company they used to buy these from over in England. They have all the tooling too. Even if you find a unit with a differant adapter housing for a good deal just buy it. Then contact GV about turning in the housing for what you need. You give them the housing and pay for what you need.. Not a very fair deal but its what we have to do... There is a ebay selly in Aromas Ca. that has spare housings al the time. He lists on ebay in the GV section too.
I found one on here used, from an e40d for 1500, and called GV about adapting it. They do have the parts, $850 for the adapter, with a 250 core, and 450 for the electronics package, and 90 for the lock out cable. A new unit is 3100 with 55 dollars shipping. YIKES! It also appears that a non diesel unit is not strong enough for a diesel application. The gears on a diesel spec unit has hardened gears.

DesertBen44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks like you have a 4x4, I have one that fits a BW 1356 xfer case that I Might end up selling, depending on how my plans workout/dont workout. Are you in a big rush?

Last edited:

Garbage_Mechan

Garbage Mechanic
Reaction score
I can vouch for the E bay seller in Aromas. I bought a control system from him, he has his own because GV is way too high. He is very knowledgable and helpful, talked for some time on the phone.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online