oops I did it again!

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
ok,Who didn't see this comming?Nother diesel down.All the seals on the deuce failed.Guess seals only last so long and 36 years was the max I was gonna get outta these.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought you were Britany Spears for a moment with that title;p

:thumbsup: Now the "E" will have some company in the Kudzu field;Sweet

Freight_Train

Reaction score
well,Got an engine gasket kit on order.Hopefully when I pull the heads and get back from hernia surgery I will find all the holes ok wear wise....You think a IDI head is heavy....hee hee hee.Try a multifuel!90lbs each 6 feet off the ground dead center in a 8 foot wide truck!

Freight_Train

Reaction score
well,looks like I was premature in calling it KIA.Found a return line T fitting loose on the drivers side.Wouldn't leak until I touched it so I guess going down the road it would leak on and off.The antifreeze is petrified hoses,the other leak it head gasket and the exhaust manifold is leaking(with the MF engines,they slobber out the exhaust since they kinda drool the fuel in more than atomize it).But,I am gonna go ahead and tear it down and reseal everything.Tired of driving a White/Continental that thinks it is a Detroit slobbering oil everywhere.Hope I don't pull the heads and find out I need to do an inframe(Dry sleeves).

Freight_Train

Reaction score
well,latest update.Guess it was worst than I thought.Pulled the front head and not good.Between the front 3 holes the gasket was totally burned away plus the slobber slots were clogged.Also,2 cylinders were scored BAD.Front 2 holes.Both have a spot about 1" wide and several thousands deep place where it looks like a broke ring rubbed for a while.Guess that is why the seals failed on the rest of the engine.Blow by.Lots of it.Nuts,Guess it is time to learn how to do an inframe.....Thank God this thing has dry sleeves and pistona and sleeve sets cost $90 per hole.

colotow

I refuse to grow up
Reaction score
maybe go trolling in the government auctions and find a "clean air" engine, they are the ones with the turbo's and no muffler. they also were converted to diesel only, the fuel compensators on the injector pumps were bypassed as part of the upgrade. they definitely ran better, less smoke, but i have a permanent hearing loss from them as well.