One sweet IDI 5er hauler!

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Only problem is, I don't know too many 5ers you could tow with that thing. The bed is way too short . Even with an extended kingpin you'd be smacking the back of the sleeper. Kind of looks like it was setup for one of those large wedge carhauler trailers with an inverted gooseneck that;s been switched over to a kingpin. The way its setup.... and the little bit of advertising on the mudflaps kind of makes it look that way

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
With a D50 swap in the front, that things would make a KILLER hunting/fishing excursion truck. Either that or a big winch to get you out should you get stuck.

Someone spent the $$ on her to build her, that's for sure!

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can i ask what that "wig-wag" switch might be for?...:sly

A wig wag switch is for the headlights to alternately flash when the switch is turned on. Illegal to use unless you have a permit.

As for the truck itself although it is nice I think the wheel base is to short for any kind of towing with a long trailer. Also if it was meant to tow a fifth wheel camper they would not have put a sleeper box on it. It was probably used for a car hauler.

TWeatherford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was afraid it'd be a van. Pretty fugly if you ask me. Looks like there was a lot of inattention to detail. That picture with the fire extinguisher showing that ratsnest of wires would be enough to scare me off. But it does look to be pretty comfortable for a long haul. How many people haul heavy with a C6? I know the transmission can do it, but with only 3 gears I don't know how you'd keep that thing in its sweet spot.

OnDaRoad

On the road ....
Reaction score
GVWR exceeds 10,000 pounds

According to the door sticker, the GVWR exceeds 10,000 pounds
Sticker reads 10,500 pounds
That means you need a CDL to drive this in most states
This set up will get you invited into the scales in every state
Rigs like this scream " TICKET ME " to Vehicle Enorcement

Jim

:peelout

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
I was afraid it'd be a van. Pretty fugly if you ask me. Looks like there was a lot of inattention to detail. That picture with the fire extinguisher showing that ratsnest of wires would be enough to scare me off. But it does look to be pretty comfortable for a long haul. How many people haul heavy with a C6? I know the transmission can do it, but with only 3 gears I don't know how you'd keep that thing in its sweet spot.

My motorhome has the C6 and I love it! I always cruise at 60mph, and that keeps the engine around 2500RPM with 3.54 gearing. I like it revving abit higher as this thing has alot of wind drag, so by keeping it revving abit higher, always has some power on command.

3.54 with a 3 speed sucks in the hills though, gears are to wide.

And I LOVE vans, sure there a pain to work on, but they look so much better inside and out than any Ford truck made after 1986.....

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
Must be a swap in, what I can't understand is if they moded the tranny dip stick, or the 7.3's had a longer tube, the tranny dip stick in my camper ends right under the windshield, you gotta stick your whole arm up above the running engine, getting to close to the Alternator to check the oil!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online