On the move

foresterdj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sat. 4/6 I start heading from Helena MT to Bemidji MN, me in my F250 pulling a medium/small trailer with dog kennel parts and my Dad with a U-Haul towing trailer hauling my Subaru. Truck has run trouble free for over 3000 mi since Baby moose and injectors last spring so hoping for another trouble free 1000+ on this trip. When I get hooked back to internet on the Bemidji end I will report back>

Starting a new job in Bemidji in mid-April.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well heres to a safe trip. Be safe along the way and watch for events that seem to come out of nowhere. Are you preping with spare belts and hoses. What direction of travel are you taking.

foresterdj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a full set of new belts, spare fluids, spare fuel filter, tool chest is loaded at the back of the bed for access, other misc. stuff (O rings, return line material, etc.) Heading east on I-90 and I-94 mostly.

foresterdj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Arrived in Bemidji safe and sound. Missed all the storms but woke Monday to 4 inches new wet snow in Bemidji. Truck ran perfect the whole trip. Will give a mpg report after I top off today.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thanks for a safe trip report. I'm sure it feels good yo have had a safe event free trip. Looking forwards to the miles per gallon report too..

foresterdj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck averaged 12.8 mpg
Truck as normally loaded is about 7400 #
Trailer empty is 1680#
Truck in topper was stuffed full of lawn and garden and power tools
Trailer had 32 concrete pavers 16"x16"x4", a 10x10x6 tall dog kennel, 3rib roofing for half the kennel, dog house, horseshoe rocking chair sawhorses
Tires 235/85R16 at 65 psi
Travel speeds 60-65 mph