on board air

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

There are three mounting bolts.

Two hold the York bracket to the A/C compressor bracket. They thread through the York bracket, the A/C bracket, and finally into the threads on the A/C compressor itself.

The last is a carriage bolt that mounts the adjuster. It fits in the 1/2 square on the PS pump bracket, then through the adjuster. The adjuster pushes the York away from the PS pump pulley, tightening the belt.

The dual groove PS pulley is found on NON-A/C Ford's. A/C trucks have a single groove pulley.

As far as a tank. It is mounted under the bed on the passenger's side. There is a quick connect on the end for air hose and a drain on the bottom to empty any water/oil.

Heath

kc0stp

30 Hour Famine
Reaction score
Much appreciated, those of us with limited fab skills need all the help we can get for custom mods :) (not sure how long itll be before I get around to this but at least now I know its possible)

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a little late into the game, but here's the system I had in my '86 F350
It's a IMT 200. 160 psi single stage 4cyl. backed up with two 20 gal and one 30 gal tank. hooked together with 1" hose. the system is designed to drive IR 1" tire impact guns.

Attachments

• SL378976.JPG
    SL378976.JPG
    298.3 KB · Views: 67
  • SL378977.JPG
    SL378977.JPG
    294.7 KB · Views: 61
  • SL378978.JPG
    SL378978.JPG
    292.9 KB · Views: 67

1466IH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a IMT 200. 160 psi single stage 4cyl. backed up with two 20 gal and one 30 gal tank. hooked together with 1" hose. the system is designed to drive IR 1" tire impact guns.
Attached Thumbnails

What is the CFM rating of that thing and is it self contained or does it need lubricated and cooled by the engine?

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Calvin, that's not funny.....

That's a 5K system to buy...rofl....

IT's commercial grade and what most tyre shops use in there small one tons for service trucks...I know...we had one when I was a tyre jockey

1466IH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you see my sig. I found a used one locally and wanted some more info on it. I am always usin my one inch gun breakin down undercarrages on crawlers and stuff. To use my 1'' gun now I have my little comp. under the hood then I put my 220 comp in the bed an run it off my welder. It sucks movin that bog ******* around all the time.

Arborigine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outstanding work, Heath. I have copied them all for my future-projects files. They are pretty thick.:rolleyes: I can even see a bit of the adjuster in the second photo. I have everything here that i need to do the job, except time. I am also considering another electric, I have to balance the cost against my time and the increased underhood clutter. This looks decent to keep a tank filled for my usual trailer tire replacement and filling, plus a nice air horn. I have more than just my Nathan, a set of vintage Buell marine trombone horns would look nice on the roof. http://www.autoaccessoriesgarage.com/Air-Compressors/Viair-400-Series-Compressor-Kit/_Item/_298700004?utm_source=google&utm_medium=Air-Compressors&utm_campaign=GoogleProducts&utm_term=Viair-400-Series-Compressor-Kit&gclid=CJeY79SoorUCFUjZQgodCFUAUw

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Attached Thumbnails

What is the CFM rating of that thing and is it self contained or does it need lubricated and cooled by the engine?

here's the PDF. iirc it's 33cfm @1400rpm. This monster will tear the lugnuts of a IH4900.

www.imt.com/common/pdf/manuals/HD1250-CMPRSR.pdf

it has it's own lube sump but uses engine cooling to keep the air temps down.

if you can find yourself a used tire service truck with a IDI. that's where I got the compressor and liftgate for mime.

1466IH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry towcat but the link isnt working. whats the model number i will google it

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Antone have experience with converting the stock Ford AC pump to an air compressor? Would be the cheapest way to go for those of us with dysfunctional AC systems.

What I did a while back was to put a small tank, the ac muffler on some cars works best, to catch the pumped oil and thru an orifice bled it back into the inlet. Then went to a wet tank, the oem compressors have to have oil in the airstream to lube or they will sieze. Works quite well if not for continuous use.

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I did a while back was to put a small tank, the ac muffler on some cars works best, to catch the pumped oil and thru an orifice bled it back into the inlet. Then went to a wet tank, the oem compressors have to have oil in the airstream to lube or they will sieze. Works quite well if not for continuous use.

Think I'm envisioning what you describe...got any pics of it?