OK somebody tell me whats wrong with it?!?!?!?!?!?

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i bet #8 cyl has 120 lbs of commpression. i bet when its cold it will have low compression in one cyl, and if you change the oil it will be better for a while, like 3 start-ups and then sometimes it will have good compression and sometimes it wont. hot or cold. oh wait, that is what i just went through on a psd at the shop i work at.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rich, do you want it to stay a 90* fitting? I had a 90 on my compression gauge and just changed out the fittings. It still doesn't make the gauge easy to use but getting at some of those cylinders with the 90 and the GP adapter is darn near impossible for me at least. I just used ome brass fittings and maybe some teflon tape and went to straight fittings. Also don't forget that there has to be a little oring on the top of the GP adapter(at least for the Foster gauge) else you will appear to have 0 compression.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rich, do you want it to stay a 90* fitting? I had a 90 on my compression gauge and just changed out the fittings. It still doesn't make the gauge easy to use but getting at some of those cylinders with the 90 and the GP adapter is darn near impossible for me at least. I just used ome brass fittings and maybe some teflon tape and went to straight fittings. Also don't forget that there has to be a little oring on the top of the GP adapter(at least for the Foster gauge) else you will appear to have 0 compression.

i dont care what fitting it has as this is the only truck itll be used on.but IIRC my fitting is all 1 piece crimped to the hose.and yes the last 2 cylinders are gonna suck due to the turbo

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i bet #8 cyl has 120 lbs of commpression. i bet when its cold it will have low compression in one cyl, and if you change the oil it will be better for a while, like 3 start-ups and then sometimes it will have good compression and sometimes it wont. hot or cold. oh wait, that is what i just went through on a psd at the shop i work at.

oh trust me i love my idi.she runs no matter what.my psd is a whole different story

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well replaced the fuel filter and head.no leaks,no change in the way it runs.:rolleyes:

sassyrel

Reaction score
thats why i mentioned the oil pressure--wonder if the dump valve on the filter base is intermittenly sticking--drops oil pressure--and then the lifters partially collapse--giving no valve lift to speak of---------its happened before---

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well replaced the leaking return line orings and air filter.no change :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online