ok so nobody can tell if the delco glow plugs swell up

brent64505

Reaction score
come on guys some body knows if the delco glow plugs swell up if they get over heated or if the controller sticks

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
On the "other" site, several said they had them swell. I've never used them, so I can't give you a definite, just that many "over there" said they had them swell. IIRC, they weren't as bad as autolites, but had issues as well.

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes they do. I have a 6.9 in the shed with 5 AC plugs still stuck in the heads. I got one out and 2 others are Bosch, also stuck.

brent64505

Reaction score
well this truck is a good deal I dont want to fight with the glow plugs
also thanks guys for the info
Brent

dieseldummy

Lost in time
Reaction score
what delco plug? The newest AC60g wont swell. The older 9g will and so will the 11g.

brent64505

Reaction score
the plug that a 93 GMC would have in it I was look to buy the truck but have passed on it

Alex S

Jeoff
Reaction score
the nice thing with these Detroit Diesels are thet if the glow plug breaks and falls into the pre-cumbustion chamber you can fish it out threw the injector hole

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the nice thing with these Detroit Diesels are thet if the glow plug breaks and falls into the pre-cumbustion chamber you can fish it out threw the injector hole
YUP;Sweet
a big +1 on that. been there. done it. not fun to do on a pass side 6.5 factory turbo motor but it beats the hell out of pulling the damn head-cuss-cuss-cuss-cuss-cuss

dieseldummy

Lost in time
Reaction score
yep, they sure will. usually timing and or fueling related. I've got about 5 sets of them that are melted off, good thing I save all the old good ones out of core motors! The 60g is still the best plug IMO, the wellmans I tried were worse.