Oil pan plug leaking

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We're good no leaks after 40 mile drive! I've had a couple beers to celebrate. A few beers to celebrate. I've drank myself and my girlfriend into being stranded Her parents house. Mistakes have been made.

Last edited:

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Fumoto drain valve single best upgrade you can do makes a oil change a walk in the park.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like the one I just pulled.

You must be registered for see images attach

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Looks like the one I just pulled.

You must be registered for see images attach

Now this drain looks like over tightening to "fix" a cracked plastic gasket... I think I see the 2 cracks in the gasket held between fingers.
The safe bet is to replace these drain nut gaskets every oil change... Or at least clean them very well and check them for cracks or damage. Nothing worse in this business of PM maintenance than having to redo it because we skipped a step.:mad::mad::mad::rolleyes:

leojr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fumoto drain valve single best upgrade you can do makes a oil change a walk in the park.

Yes!!! It drains a little slower but that gives you time to grease all of your zerks. I have one on mine...my oil pan threads will never wear out or be a concern.

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
I love it every time I have to service the Cat it's slow but gives me time to do the hydraulic filter etc.