Oil pan-demic

Roos

Reaction score
Hi folks. Wondering if someone can advise me on how to get my old, leaky oil pan off. I've got a 92 7.3L. The engine is lifted (although it's not the 2 3/4" that the book says...it's more like 2"). I've unbolted the oil pump and dropped it in the pan. Now what??? The pan won't clear starting assembly to the rear and there's no room to the fore.
Suggestions appreciated!
Rick

wrsainio

Reaction score
oil pan

If you undo the rad cradle body mounts and the mounts under your floor about where your feet normally rest and then raise the whole body another 6-8" , can't remember exactly how much, all your probems will go away. Then you will have enough room to follow the instructions in the book.
Wilf. Mine is an 86 but I am sure you are having the same problems I did.

Roos

Reaction score
oil pan

Thanks wrsainio! I'll give it a shot, but just to be clear about something. My engine is maxed out and I can't raise it anymore. On my truck, the space issue is between the cross bar, the underside of the engine and the clutch assembly. How does lifting the body create more room down there?

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Roos-

I think he means that you will have to raise the body some, creating some room to raise the engine some more, and allow that oil pan to slip out from under there...

Ryan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes

Members online