Oil line install...

Cat_Rebel

Does not compute
Reaction score
Hey guys almost got the 088 kit on my truck. Where do you hook up the oil line? I know somewhere down by the filter but I see 2 bolts above the filter. Which one is it or does it matter? :confused:

Thanks~Cat

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is on the block, drivers side just above the oil filter and a little behind the crossover pipe. You don't want to hook it up in the wrong place (don't ask me how I know). Also make sure you clean inside the hole to remove any built up goo. I cranked mine over after doing this until I had run some oil out of the port to flush out anything I broke loose.

If you look at my turbo install thread (early september)there is a picture of the oil line location.

Good luck and you won't be disappointed with the results.;Sweet

FordGuy100

Reaction score
MAKE SURE YOU CLEAN OUT THAT GALLEY. I'm serious, take a bore cleaner of some sort and clean it out. It is basically a dead space in the block, and with that plug in there, not much flow.....so sludge accumulates. I did not clean mine out.....and my turbo's bearings seized because of it, that sludge took them out. Take the 20 minutes and clean it out, its not worth having to pull your turbo a couple hundred miles down the road to rebuild it at the tune of a couple hundred dollars.

Cat_Rebel

Does not compute
Reaction score
OKAY I'M OFFICALLY F'IN MAD NOW! :mad:

Thought I was pulling the oil plug & instead pulled ended up pulling a freeze plug & dumped all my engine coolant & antifreeze all over the shop floor & killed my lamp in the process. (only lamp I have that works) So now I have to go back out & clean up my mess & search again for the plug. This whole project hasn't been going very well for me. Hope it improves after this.....RANT OVER! -cuss

suv7734

Reaction score
Here's the location for the plug you want (behind the exhaust pipe).

Attachments

• oilport.JPG
    oilport.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 19

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
if you pulled a freeze plug, you're an F'in idiot.
(I doubt this tho)

chances are you pulled the lil 1/8inch coolant drain, the oil plugs are near that.
dunno why all the coolant came out tho, seems you coulda stuck the plug back in.

suv7734

Reaction score
(I doubt this tho)

chances are you pulled the lil 1/8inch coolant drain, the oil plugs are near that.
dunno why all the coolant came out tho, seems you coulda stuck the plug back in.

Chances are he pulled the block drain (visible in the bottom left of the pic). Before it is installed again you might want to look at putting a radiator petcock in it so next time you drain the coolant you can get all of it. Just a thought.

sassyrel

Reaction score
the soft plug is around 2 1/4 inch dia--and they dont come out easy--me thinks also you pulled block drain--if in fact you pulled the soft plug---!!!! ;Really--the only way you get a new one in right is to use the proper tool--if you dont---leak--or blow out--------the factory, and replacement, ford soft plugs are stainless steel----

Cat_Rebel

Does not compute
Reaction score
(I doubt this tho)

Alright it wasn't the freeze plug it was the coolant drain. (Very mad at the time I wrote that) & at the way this project has gone I was more concerned not being zapped by the shop light laying by my head then getting a face full of coolant trying to stick the plug back in.
I got the right plug out this time, oil line is hooked up. Just gotta run to the store & get some antifreeze & water to fill it back up. SIt will be running tonight.